How do I dismiss the "Autofill with 1password?" prompt on android?

SHINSF1PASS
SHINSF1PASS
Community Member

1password on Android is annoyingly intrusive with its weak and useless message "Autofill with 1Password" that pops up even for sites and apps for which I don't have passwords stored in 1Password. I can't dismiss it (and I bet if I did, it would just come back) and can't figure out how to stop it showing up in the first place. It's just plain awful design. Whoever approved it should be fired. Or sent to work for Facebook, where no-one cares.

1Password Version: 6.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: android
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:android fill in with one password message

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@SHINSF1PASS: I think that's a bit extreme, but we're looking into ways of improving the new filling features, so the feedback is greatly appreciated. If you wish, you can disable autofill in 1Password Settings > Filling. Accessibility filling is a good option too and can be dismissed when using the Accessibility filling feature. We'll see if we can add something similar for Google's autofill APIs in a future update. Cheers! :)

• SHINSF1PASS
    SHINSF1PASS
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

Ah yeah, the standard: "to get around bug X, disable feature Y" reply.

It takes 42 clicks or taps to switch off autofill and then switch it back on. (at least, it did for me)

Ironically, I was trying to set up an Authy account in response to a recommendation in the 1Password blog, but couldn't because of the persistent and buggy 1password prompt

• Hey @SHINSF1PASS. It should only take about four or five clicks to turn off Autofill. Tap to open 1Password, unlock, tap Settings > Filling, and then turn off Autofill. To turn it back on is about the same. I'm not sure why it's taking you so many steps.

That said, with Autofill, the system decides when to show the Autofill prompt. You can cancel out of it by tapping away from a login field or by typing. As soon as you begin typing, the prompt should dismiss automatically.

Let us know if you have more questions. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.