1Password not working in Safari,

jamesrose_sf
jamesrose_sf
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I followed the instructions in the "If you're having trouble using 1Password 7 in Safari" post, but it did not help me. I just installed Mac 1Password 7 Beta, switched from standalone license to subscription. I have no problems with either the 1P app or 1Password.com, but I cannot seem to access 1P in Safari anymore. Clicking on the 1P button in Safari doesn't do anything. I checked that it did install the app extension in Safari. Any ideas?

Update 1: I rebooted my Mac and now I can click on the 1P button in Safari. But CMD-\ still doesn't work (it was functional with 1P6). Note: CMD-\ does work outside of Safari on the MacOS menu bar.

Update 2: The CMD-\ shortcut now started working most of the time.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-9 (70000009) AgileBit
Extension Version: 7.0.BETA-9
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1P

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jamesrose_sf: You'll probably find that, for now, you'll run into fewer issues if you restart Safari since that will also allow 1Password to update and restart the app extension. I"m glad to hear that you were able to get it working, and we'll continue to work to make it more reliable as well. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• jamesrose_sf
    jamesrose_sf
    Community Member

Update: I rebooted my Mac and now I can click on the 1P button in Safari. But CMD-\ still doesn't work (it was functional with 1P6). CMD-\ does work outside of Safari on the MacOS

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jamesrose_sf: Thanks for confirming. We're still iterating on the new Safari app extension, so we'll see what we can do to get it working there more consistently. Thanks for participating in the beta! :)

This discussion has been closed.