Feature Request: Fill from other "types"

I really love using the appropriate record type for storing additional information related to my logins. For example, I have a "wireless router" item for—you guessed it!—my wireless router. I also use "server" and "database" records as well. This is nice because it lets me store a little more data that is relevant to those types.

Like most things these days, my servers (think FreeNAS, for example) and my router have web-accessible login pages. I'd be swell if 1Password would pick up the "url" fields in those items and offer the entries in 1Password as options for logging in!

I think I've seen a sprinkling of frustrations around this. I couldn't find an official feature request.

1Password strikes me as a pretty well architected product, so I'm guessing this wouldn't be a stretch goal—pretty achievable.

As a software engineer myself, I won't hold my breath. Features are tough to get on the road-map—there's the eternal fight against Tech Debt too. :chuffed:

Best,

~ Dale

1Password Version: 6, 7 (Beta)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS
Sync Type: iCloud, Local, Membership

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@volte: I think we're on the same page here. It would be really cool for 1Password to have that kind of flexibility. But at the same time, the way it works currently (and the data and extensions and apps, etc.) doesn't allow for that: 1Password knows how to login forms using Login items, payment details with Credit Card items, and address information with Identity items. We'd really like to expand this in the future, but the the second toughest part is scheduling that around all of the other stuff we're working to improve...and the first is that we've got 7 "apps" now that would require updates to be able to handle this. So, definitely more of a "stretch goal", but I think it's not only achievable in the long run, but also something we'd rather like to do anyway. Thanks for letting us know you want that as well. :)

This discussion has been closed.