IE support? First impressions.

mzel
mzel
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I've upgraded to 1P7 beta about 3 weeks ago, and so for my impression is mostly favorable. The biggest problem I had with 1P4 lately https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/411970#Comment_411970 looks to be fixed. GUI is cleaner and in general it feels snappier.
So far the only problem which is not a bug is the dropped support for IE. I use a single site which works only in IE, not in Edge. This I can live with, but is this the intent?
Also, what is the plan as far as pricing? I've been using 1p for 6 or 7 years and back then it was a one-time payment.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2018

Hi @mzel,

Thanks for writing in.

The problem with IE is that we can't reuse any of our existing extension code from any the modern browsers we use, including Edge. It would require building it from the ground up and we can't port the previous 1Password 4 implementation either. This is something we're not able to spare the limited resources we have, especially as IE market share is declining rapidly. If we continue to get requests by the time we have some free resource, we may look into adding this. In addition, IE is severely limited in what it can do. Even when we had IE support with 1Password 4, it couldn't do 50% of what our regular extension could do such as lack of credit card/identities filling.

In the mean time, our planned feature for Auto-Type may help with this specific site. Right now, you can ask 1Password mini to type your username/password for you via the basic Type in Window method.

Also, what is the plan as far as pricing? I've been using 1p for 6 or 7 years and back then it was a one-time payment.

It will still be a one-time license price, we've announced the details in our blog post here.

We're working on adding the licensing right now to 1Password 7. For our beta users, it'll be $39.99 while the full release will cost $64.99 for everyone, no upgrade pricing is planned given the length of time from the last paid upgrade we did.

This discussion has been closed.