How to move existing MacBook vaults to 1Password.com

BMSorlie51
BMSorlie51
Community Member

Hello,

As usual I must done an installation wrong.

First I successfully created a 1Password.com account and printed out my 1Password emergency kit successfully. 1Password.com does not contain any of my existing vaults.

I downloaded and installed 1Password for the Mac from AgileBits but did not delete the currently installed 1Password purchased from the Apple store. Therefore I have 2 1Password apps on my MacBook.

How do I get my 3 vaults (primary and two others) used by the Apple store version up to 1Password.com and then which 1Password app on the Mac should be used?

Your assistance would be appreciated before I do anything else wrong.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: WYLAN

Comments

• Hi @BMSorlie51,

Please see this guide if you intend to switch from 1Password via the App Store to 1Password from our website:

How to switch to the version of 1Password from the AgileBits website

Once you’re set with that please see this guide on migrating your data from your computer to 1Password.com:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

(as it sounds like you’ve already created an account you can skip the first section that walks you through creating or joining an account)

I hope that helps! Please let us know if you need anything further along the way.

Ben

• BMSorlie51
    BMSorlie51
    Community Member

Thank you very much for the very quick and helpful response. I now have my items in 1Password.com and 1Password 6 and believe I can address my iOS devices.

I am impressed with 1Password.com and should have moved to this sooner,

Thank you again!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad that Ben was able to help. And thanks for the kind words! I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying 1Password, and we're here if you need us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.