browser extension cannot handle login correctly, if multiple login options exist

rl50
rl50
Community Member

The 1Password extension seems to have problems handling the login screen of https://www.sunnydesignweb.com/.

The login screen of that site has two sets of email/password fields:

• one immediately visible on the left side, with field IDs «nav_Username» and «nav_Password»
  • one hidden behind «Sunny Design Login» in the upper right corner, with field IDs «Username» and «Password»

When I open the URL and then use the 1Password extension to login, it enters my email address into the «nav_Username» field, but my password into the «Password» field.

This issue seems not to be browser or OS specific. I checked Safari 11.1, Firefox 59, Chrome 66 on macOS 10.13.4 and Firefox 59 on Windows 10.

1Password Version: 6.8.8 / 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4 / Windows 10 v1803
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:login field

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rl50,

I'm assuming the immediately visible form on the left is what you would like 1Password to fill. Can you try saving a new Login item inside your browser using the steps detailed on our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser for me please. When I tried this I found 1Password filled both fields correctly. If this doesn't help please let us know.

• rl50
    rl50
    Community Member

Worked like a charm. Thanks :-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of lil bobby, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.