Frozen out of my account - not sure how or why?

So I purchased the following back in 2015:
1Password Mac + Windows Bundle (Single License)

For a long time I was using 1Password v4 (i think) for Windows, and it was synching to my iPhone nicely. I think about a month ago I noticed 1Password 6 for Windows, so I thought I would update. It asked me for info I didn't have, secret key etc.. so I fumbled my way through various guides and eventually got there (quite confusing process). I had to create an account whereas before I was using my serial number (key).

This may have been my error , but I I must have somehow signed up to a trial for Families, which I don't want or need. I think it was via an email trial offer. Now I am "Frozen" out of my account and not sure how to proceed.

Would appreciate some guidance.

Many thanks
Chris

1Password Version: 6.8.534
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro x64
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@877cms: Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry for the confusion! But the good news is that you just need to do two things:

1. Uninstall 1Password 6, which is only used for 1Password.com memberships
    2. Revert to the version you purchased:

Just follow the instructions in the license email you received from your purchase and all you need to do is register the app (1Password Help > Enter License Key) to remove the trial restrictions. In that spirit, I've also resent your license information via email. You'll have a link there to the correct version as well, if you don't have it.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• 877cms
    877cms
    Community Member

@brenty thanks for the quick reply, I just got home. I uninstalled v6 and installed v4 and all is working fine on the PC. I should have realised it was only a v4 license but it was 3years ago that I purchased it!

On my iPhone8 I have v7.0.6 (70006002) installed on ios11, it still shows as frozen. I'm guessing it's becasue I have it logged in via the account method which has expired. Any ideas how to go about sorting this as I can't currently add new items from the phone.

Many thanks!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @877cms,

Please try to sign out of your frozen family account in 1Password on your iPhone 8 > Settings > 1Password Accounts > your account > Sign Out.

If you already have your old Primary vault added there, you should be all set after that. Please give it a try and let me know how it goes. Thank yoU! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• 877cms
    877cms
    Community Member

Hi @Greg ,

That worked thank you, I must say I find it most confusing sometimes. Maybe as I have a legacy product and things have moved towards an account type of deal.

Anyway all working so all is good, thanks for the quick replies gents, very good service!!!
    Chris

• @877cms: On behalf of both Greg and Brenty, you're most welcome. Glad to hear all is sorted and if we can do anything else to help, you know where to find us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.