1PIF, AgileKeyChain and OPVault: What do they mean?

Options
joaov777
joaov777
Community Member
edited May 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have recently subscribed to 1Password and so far my experience has been amazing. However, I wonder what 1PIF, AgileKeyChain and OPVault folder mean. Since I have been checking some of 1Password's features, I wonder what those options mean.

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey, @joav777! I'm delighted to hear you're enjoying 1Password thus far! I'd be happy to explain what these options are, but I'll first note that neither is something you should have to worry about too much.

1PIF is our proprietary export format. It's not available in 1Password 6 for Windows just yet, but was available on other platforms and in older versions of 1Password for Windows. Exports are designed for getting your data out of 1Password, so if you're happy with everything so far, it's nothing you should need to worry about. If you get a new device, for example, the answer is to have your Emergency Kit handy, and sign in from that new device. You won't need to export your data and we actually recommend you avoid exporting whenever possible anyway as exports are unencrypted. All the same, supporting that export format is on our list for 1Password 7. It likely won't make the cut for the initial release, but it will be added in down the line. :+1:

As for AgileKeychain and OPVault, these are both data formats for standalone vaults. Years ago, 1Password could only sync between devices via a third-party service, like Dropbox. In 1Password 6 for Windows, which only supports our own sync service, these are relevant only for folks who are upgrading to a 1Password account from that old system. These are import options which allow existing customers using standalone vaults to import their existing data into their 1Password account. As someone just getting started with 1Password, this definitely isn't something you'll need to worry about.

I hope 1Password continues to delight and if there's anything else we can do to help, you know where to find us. :chuffed:

• joaov777
    joaov777
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @bundtkate !
    Thanks for your response. You definitely helped me out! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Kate, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.