Automatic password/user name insertion

Options
tuni12
tuni12
Community Member

Using iPhone 6 with up-to-date 1 PW.
I don’t have, or can’t figure out how to get my password to autofill on my iPhone on specific sites. What I’ve been doing, for instance on the site for Southwest Airlines (and some others), is in order to access an upcoming flight, I am required to add my user name and password. It won’t show up on the site.

Therefore, I have to go into 1PW on my phone, go to my Logins, copy and paste the user name and password from there onto the southwest site in order to gain access.

The other way I’ve tried is to just go to 1PW, my logins, my Southwest login site and hit enter there. That will take me to the Southwest Airlines site and after scouting around a bit, I find an entry place for my user name and password. This all is pretty cumbersome.

Somehow I thought I remember that 1PW would automatically fill in this info for you without going thru all this….i.e., the little key should be there on the Southwest site since it is one of my logins. alas, if that is so, sure can’t figure out how to do it.

1Password Version: 7.06
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.3.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @tuni12.

Good news: there is an easier way. You can read about it here:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

I hope that helps!

Ben

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

thx Ben but that doesn't help. I have the 1PW extension already in Safari. However, it is not working. I checked the "supported" apps on our list and Southwest Airlines and other airlines are not listed. Maybe that's why? Sure would like this process to be easier....sigh...

• Ben
    Options

Sorry @tuni12. In your original post it sounded like you were trying to access Southwest through their website (which this would help with), but in your latest post it sounds like you’re trying to use their app? If a developer has not added password manager support to their app there isn’t anything we can do there. I’d suggest reaching out to Southwest and requesting they do so. You may want to include this link with your request to them:

https://github.com/agilebits/onepassword-app-extension/blob/master/README.md

Ben

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

Actually Ben,
    I was trying to do both.....thanks for the info and link to 1PW site,it does help for that

• Ben
    Options

Gotcha. Thanks for the update.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.