Beta 11 not showing icon edit

Options
steve28236
steve28236
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

When copying and pasting a new icon into a 1P Beta 11 login item the previous icon remains. It does seem to be there though, because the correct icon is synced through to my iOS devices.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@steve23094: Sorry about that. While it will not show while you're editing, if you save it it will display correctly. I hope this helps! We'll get that fixed though. Thanks for bringing it up!

ref: apple-1088

• steve28236
    steve28236
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Nope it's not that, it's something different. I'm aware of that bug, it's been around since 1P6 and I was the one who reported it.

I have just tested it out on my second Mac and I have encountered the same thing.

Steps for reproduction:-

Beta 11, extension 4.7.1.

Manually create a new login. Edit login. Copy and paste new icon into 1P. Save edit. New icon syncs fine to iOS and MacOS devices.

Go here https://kb.sandisk.com/app/utils/login_form/redirect/account%252Fprodreg%252Falist

Create new login. 1P asks to save new login. Accept. Edit item in 1P logins. Copy and paste new icon into 1P. Save edited login. Correct icon syncs to iOS devices. MacOS devices still show the old icon.

As seen here:-

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2018
    Options

Thanks @steve23094. I’ve filed a report with development to investigate further. We appreciate the detailed info.

Ben

ref: apple-1161

• steve28236
    steve28236
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben I notice a Release Candidate has been posted. This still hasn't been fixed.

• Ben
    Options

You’re not wrong, @steve23094. Unfortunately it doesn’t appear this will be able to be fixed for the 7.0 release. Hopefully we can get it addressed shortly thereafter.

Ben

• steve28236
    steve28236
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben Have you been able to reproduce this bug so you can fix it? Because at this stage all my personal Rich Icons are disappearing every time I make an edit to a login.

It's frustrating but I will be absolutely furious if I go through to make changes and lose all my carefully curated icons when this fix comes through (if it ever does, you seem to constantly have problems with icon edits).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

As Ben mentioned earlier, it's something we're investigating.

This discussion has been closed.