Feature Request : New Item > Product Category

mmmark
mmmark
Community Member

I've had a couple instances during product support calls where I've needed to provide model number and/or serial number. Sometimes these can be difficult to get access to because of there location or box is not available.
A "Product" or "Device" Category would be a great addition to be able to store info. Even adding the ability to attach a manual like in Secure Notes would be even better.
Something like this would be very helpful if device/product is stolen or lost in fire or something.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mmmark

It is possible to use Secure Notes to store this type of data:

Secure all the things in Secure Notes - AgileBits Blog

That might help. :) As far as I’m aware we’re not looking at adding additional categories at this time. Doing so would require significant changes to every client app, 1Password.com, and the database format itself (which would break backwards compatibility). It is a non-trivial undertaking, and I don’t believe that is something we’re willing to take on at this point. That said, we are looking at ways we can make categories more flexible in the future, and something like this may be possible if we go in that direction.

Thank you for the feedback on this.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.