Feedback - Population Speed Issue, Update Password Dialog, and Prompt to Download 1Password

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hey everyone, not sure if anyone else is experiencing these issues. Here are my top 3 with the current beta

• Population of username and passwords using the browser plug-in are really slow (much slower than v6.8 on the mac). The issue is worst with Microsoft Edge but also exists in Firefox (v59 and v60). After about 30 seconds I get impatient and click on the user name box (for instance). At that point 1Password will populate the fields. In contract 6.8 on the Mac and v7 on the iPhone is near lightning fast.

• Search - In the main application, search can be quite slow. This feature on other platforms is very fast (results shown as you type)

• Firefox Browser Extension button - In Firefox the browser extension button can often become unrepsonsive. You have to click it a few times for it to respond

• Prompt to download 1Password - When the computer wakes from sleep or restarted it keeps prompting to download 1Password (running the latest beta). This started about a couple of weeks ago after the April Update. I had pinned 1Password to the task bar but that shortcut no longer works. The shortcut in the start menu works fine. Could it possibly have something to do with having downloaded the Edge extension from the Windows store?

*Position of Update Password/Create New dialog box during live chat - if using live chat services where you have to complete security questions, the 1Password pop goes to the bottom corner of the screen rather than the centre. The only thing visible is the left third of the dialog box's title bar. You have to drag it out to dismiss or action it.

1Password Version: 7.0.543
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90 (Firefox), 4.6.12.90 (Edge)
OS Version: Windows 10 Version 1803
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @williemaykit,

Thanks for reporting these issues.

Prompt to download 1Password

This is a known issue caused by the Windows 10 April 2018 update. We have submitted an update and Microsoft just approved it today, so you should see an update soon in the Microsoft Store within the next three days.

Search - In the main application, search can be quite slow. This feature on other platforms is very fast (results shown as you type)

Do you only notice it after you unlock 1Password?

If you unlock 1Password, wait about two minutes and then search, is it fast?

We haven't optimize the sync yet and unfortunately, this means each time you unlock 1Password, it will sync in the background and that causes the UI to be delayed or blocked until the sync is done. The more vaults or 1Password accounts you have, the worse it is. This will be optimized in the near future.

Firefox Browser Extension button - In Firefox the browser extension button can often become unrepsonsive. You have to click it a few times for it to respond

This isn't a known issue, I'm not seeing any issues using 1Password in Firefox.

Did you recently upgraded from 1Password 4 or 1Password 6 on Windows?

Also, same thing with unlock + sync, does it seem to be unresponsive only after unlocking 1Password?

Try unlocking in the main 1Password app first, wait a few minutes and then switch to Firefox, click on 1Password, is it more responsive? If yes, this will be fixed in the near future.

Population of username and passwords using the browser plug-in are really slow (much slower than v6.8 on the mac). The issue is worst with Microsoft Edge but also exists in Firefox (v59 and v60).

Is it after the unlock too?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Re the slow response. You are right. It is after unlocking 1Password

The Firefox button issue has disappeared over the last few days. The current installation was a fresh one as it was a new computer.

Thank you for your help :)

Paul

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of assistance. Have a great weekend! :)

• bassetwrangler
    bassetwrangler
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Re: Prompt to download 1Password

I installed the Microsoft Store version of 1Password (7.0.558) on a new laptop and then decided to keep using my Version 4 (which I had not yet installed) rather than upgrading. I uninstalled Version 7 and installed Version 4 which works fine but these download dialogs pop up intermittently (not every time on wake from sleep or restart but enough to be darn annoying). Obviously, there is nothing I want to download from the Store so how do I stop these "Download 1Password" prompts from appearing? Help.

PS - I discovered that I had the 1Password Edge plug-in installed (which I uninstalled and primarily use Chrome) but the Microsoft Store, despite my uninstall of 1Password, still shows that I "own" it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bassetwrangler: It's okay to "own" it. That just means you "purchased" it (free) with your Microsoft account and it's part of your purchase history there now. So long as you remove it or disable it in Edge you'll be all set. :)

• bassetwrangler
    bassetwrangler
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, you responded promptly to your American customer and although I had already solved my problem myself you reassured me that it was the Microsoft Store which forced me keep the purchase in my purchase history. But you are a Canadian company, so should I be grateful a neighboring country full of gracious and industrious people that I visit regularly who produced a valued and trusted product I use everyday or should I be petty and call your PM Justin and write that he's dishonest and weak? Grateful, thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bassetwrangler: I'm sorry, but you've lost me here. I don't see where I said anything about American, Canadian, etc. The Microsoft Store, as far as I can tell, operates around the globe, and works the same way everywhere. Any app you "purchase" there — free or paid — will be associated with your account. But you can always remove any app and not install it if you wish. I don't personally see how that's a bad thing, but I don't really have a horse in this race. You'd need to let Microsoft know if you'd like them to do things differently. :)

• bassetwrangler
    bassetwrangler
    Community Member
    Options

You're misinterpreting my angst about my moronic president slamming Canadians. I hate it when anyone unjustly attacks my friends and this was just an opportune forum (as confusing as it may be even though your company is based in Toronto) to express that sentiment. It has nothing to do with Microsoft, app purchases, 1Password, or horses.

• MikeT
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi @bassetwrangler,

We understand your angst but this isn't the forum for that. It can be counterproductive to hold that feeling, the best thing you can do is to get people and everyone around you to vote, no matter what elections, they all counts.

Our HQ is in Canada but majority of us work remotely, I'm an American working in Seattle and Brenty is as well (not Seattle tho). Do we think our president determines our feeling and how we help people, heck no. We're rational human beings that has nothing but love for everyone regardless of race, nationality or anything. There is nothing nor can anyone changes how we feel about people, everyone is unique and everyone is a human being that deserves the same respect (Do unto others as you would have them do unto you).

Your anget is what Trumpism is about. It is not how we win, we win by showing respect for everyone and we ignore those who doesn't and help those who need it.

• bassetwrangler
    bassetwrangler
    Community Member
    Options

So,in short, Resistance is Futile. I don't agree. Many things can change how you feel you about other people (including lies and propaganda) especially if you're like most Americans and confine your life to one town or region and my angst is not at all what Trumpism is about. But at least you're thinking about it. Last post.

• MikeT
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi @bassetwrangler,

Here's the best part; we both can agree to disagree (not a bad thing at all, we learn from everyone) and there is no need to resort to childish actions either (unlike the other person that loves to divide), we're respecting each other's opinion and we can work on the next step (not dividing).

If there's anything we can do to help with 1Password here, please do let us know. Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.