1Password Mini autosubmit not working correctly

DavidB
DavidB
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

I don't know exactly when this started, but for all sites, with Safari, 1Password Mini fills in the username and password but then the page reloads with username and password now blank. Pressing Command-\ then correctly autofills and logs me in.

With Firefox and Chrome, 1Password Mini fills in the username and password but then I have to manually click Submit.

From the 1Password application, Item > Fill Login in Browser works fine with any browser.

I have tried the solutions suggested in the discussion at the following link but still have the same problem.
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/418219#Comment_418219

Thank you,

David

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Individual account

Comments

• Hi @DavidB,

We’d be happy to help with that. Is your installation of 1Password from the Mac App Store?

Please let us know.

Ben

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member

Hi @Ben,

No -- it's from AgileBits.

David

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DavidB: Which version of Safari are you using, and can you give the the URL and exact steps you're taking? I wonder if you're running into a known Safari bug:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/88869/open-and-fill-with-safari-11-1#latest

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member

Hi @brenty,

I'm using the latest version of Safari that comes with macOS 10.13.4 (Safari 11.1).

The problem does seem to be the bug mentioned at the link you gave, although as I mentioned in my original message, it also happens with Firefox and Chrome, and with any site.

Here are the steps I take:

1) In browser, press Option-Command-\ to open 1Password Mini.
    2) When 1Password Mini appears, start to enter Wells Fargo in the Search 1Password field.
    3) When Wells Fargo is highlighted in the Show Login field, press Return.
    4) The page for https://www.wellsfargo.com opens with my login credentials filled in, but the page immediately reloads without the credentials.
    5) Press Command-\ to log in.
    6) With Firefox and Chrome, the page doesn't reload but I have to manually click Submit.

David

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DavidB: Thanks for the info! Indeed, right up through #5 that's definitely the Safari issue. Regarding #6 though, I'm not able to reproduce that here, unless I disable autosubmit globally or for an individual login. Can you check these?

Preferences > Browsers:

Edit your saved Login item:

Let me know what you find!

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member

Hi @brenty,

Thanks for the tips --

I am apparently using a different version of 1Password than you. Here is how Preferences > Browsers appears:

I did notice that I had "Always submit" instead of "Submit when enabled" checked, and changing it solved the problem, at least for some sites -- others are still temperamental. (Too tedious to test further.)

I hope 1Password 7 will solve this.

Thank you,

David

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DavidB: It looks a bit different, true, but this isn't something we've changed in 1Password 7. I haven't seen similar reports of the issue you're describing (apart from Safari) in either version 6 or 7, so I'd very much like to understand why you're having trouble with autosubmit. Definitely let me know the URLs if you continue to have trouble. I'll be happy to test it. If you press ⌘ \ does that work to submit the login form?

• dthiele
    dthiele
    Community Member

I'm having there same issue. From 1Password Mini search result, it will load the webpage, auto fill, submit, and then the webpage will re-load without the username and password and I'll have to command \ to re-fill it. Sometimes it will go on that attempt, or sometimes I'll have to do it again. Please help.

Safari 11.1
    1Password 6.8.8
    Extension - 1Password 4.7.0 Installed from Developer

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dthiele: Sorry for the confusion. This discussion is about a report of autosubmit not working at all. The issue you're having seems to be a known Safari bug. Please see here for more information:

Open-and-Fill with Safari 11.1

• ghettopia
    ghettopia
    Community Member

Brenty, regarding the known Safari bug Open-and-Fill with Safari 11.1, let me suggest a 3rd workaround: set 1Password Mini to open URLs in a new window.

Like workaround #1, it results in the address bar not having keyboard focus.

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member

Hi @ghettopia,

Thank you for the great tip -- that seems to solve the problem entirely for me.

How did you figure it out?

David

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ghettopia: Oh wow. I'm so used to using tabs that I never thought about that. Thank you! :chuffed:

• ghettopia
    ghettopia
    Community Member

Thank you both! Before I knew that it was a known issue with Safari, I was poking around in 1Password Mini, changing every setting I could find and testing if any resolved the issue. Thankfully, I discovered one that did.

• That’s great @ghettopia. Thanks for sharing. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.