Feature Request: URLs to Items in 1Password

Hi,
If I'm having a conversation over slack with a person and they say, "I can't find the details to log on to x"
The details exist in a shared vault that we both have access to. I have them in front of me, but I obviously don't want to paste the password into slack. It would be nice if I could get a url to the item in 1Password that I could send them.

This can be done on the web at the moment, but if I have the item open in the app, I don't want to go find it in the web to send it to them.

Side note: In the Browser, at the moment the Page title is always, "1Password for Company Name" It would be nice if it included the name of the item that you're looking at so that it appears in Browser history or I can use the location bar to find the page again. I understand there's some security concerns with this (Should the title be considered information that should be secure) - so maybe make it opt-in? On a vault by vault basis?

1Password Version: 6.8.534
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @cpmcgrath: I'd probably love that as I have so many test accounts that finding the item I want is often a struggle. Liberal use of search is a lifesaver for me. I'll be sure to pass your feedback along to the team. :chuffed:

• cpmcgrath
    cpmcgrath
    Community Member

Hi,
    Any word on this?
    The more I think about it, the more critical I think it is - If people don't have an easy way to send information securely I lot of people will choose to send it unsecurely through a screenshot or just copy and paste into an email.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@cpmcgrath: We are aware of this feature request and it would be really great to have, but I don't have anything to share at this point.

If you have many items in your Shared vault, you can create new separate vaults and put the items you want to share there. This way they will be easier to find.

Please let me know if it helps. If you have other questions, feel free to raise them in your reply. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.