Duplicate items in custom sections

Options
affectiosus
affectiosus
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have some logins with enabled 2FA and I'm storing the recovery keys in a custom section within that same login item. I've recently discovered that I can customize the type of the field there (e.g. is the thing I'm storing a password, an email etc).
Those recovery keys were stored as plain text. I have switched the field type to "password". On saving, each item got saved twice: once as plain text, once as password:

I surely can manually delete the fields I don't need, however, I believe it should not work this way.
To add to this, the duplicates got synced, so I do see them in web app and on my phone.

1Password Version: 7.0.543
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: Windows 10 1803 build 17134
Sync Type: Subscription

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @affectiosus,

Thanks for reporting this.

You are correct, they should not be duplicating at all. They do look like sync conflicts and part of the resolution for sync conflict is that we merge them in, so you'd resolve them by hand. However, they should be in the separate Sync Conflicts section at the bottom of the item, not part of the original section.

Here's what I did;

1. Create a new Login item, created 3 custom text fields, and saved it.
    2. Edit, change all custom fields to be password type and save it.

Nothing odd happened here for me. Can you try to replicate the bug with a new Login item like I did above?

This discussion has been closed.