Have license. Program already on my Mac. Would like to have it also work on my iPhone. How?

Options
dh_visual
dh_visual
Community Member

I purchased a license from agile bits in late 2015. I put the program on my Mac and it works great. I would like to also use it on my iPhone, but the program wants me to put in a secret key. I checked my license and there isn't one. How or what should I do to be able to use 1 password on my iPhone as well as on my Mac? Thanks! Doug

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Have license. Program already on my Mac. Would like to have it also work on my iPhone. How?

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @dh_visual

Secret Keys are only for people with 1Password.com memberships. If you'd like, we can later work on migrating you over to one as there are a lot of benefits to using one. But for now, you don't have a Secret Key, nor do you need one. How have you been syncing your 1Password data so far, Dropbox or iCloud?

Depending on which one you are using, You should be able to pick it by scrolling down on the Welcome Screen and picking the appropriate option under "Already Using 1Password?".

• dh_visual
    dh_visual
    Community Member
    Options

I have the app on my phone, but have never used the program as I cannot access it. So....I do not believe I have ever sync my data. I have only used the program on my mac.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@dh_visual
    What you will need to do is set up your Mac to sync your data through some sort of service. With your license, your options are Dropbox and iCloud. Take a look over at the instructions to get that set up on your Mac first and then you will be able to get the synced data over to your phone.

Sync via iCloud

Sync via Dropbox

This discussion has been closed.