Master Password Change has not synced to 1 Password X

cpw
cpw
Community Member

I changed my master password on the 1password Mac app a few days ago but it has not synced to 1password X. Is this intentional - do I need to change it on both? Other changes seem to sync across the two?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:master password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cpw: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! The Master Password is not stored anywhere, so it cannot sync. If you'd changed it in your account on the website, then the new one would be required to sign in or unlock in 1Password X or anywhere else you have only your account setup. But you're having this problem because you didn't change the Master Password for your account at all; rather, you changed it for a local vault you have setup in 1Password for Mac. This is not at all connected to your account, so changing it will have no effect on 1Password X, the website, or your account anywhere else.

If you sign into 1Password.com in your web browser, do you have all of your data there? If so, you can change your account's Master Password on your Profile page, and then disable local vaults in 1Password for Mac (Preferences > Advanced) to avoid further confusion. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.