Trigger shortcut

Options

I am using 1Password for Windows with the Chrome extension but I can't find the option to personalise the shortcut to trigger a fill in my browser as I want to use CTRL \

Did you remove that option or I am blind ? hehe

1Password Version: 6.8.534
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @thatann44: Perhaps this was a typo, but the default is actually Ctrl + \ so you shouldn't need to make a change if that's what you're after. If you meant you don't want to use that shortcut, choose 1Password > Settings. In General, you'll see a box with a \ in it under "Keyboard shortcuts." Change that to the character you want to use (the Ctrl portion isn't modifiable just yet), restart the app by choosing 1Password > Exit and opening it up again, and from there you should be all set. :chuffed:

• thatann44
    thatann44
    Community Member
    Options

@bundkate: as per the screenshot attached, it seems like the shortcut is to show 1Password mini

What I want is to trigger manually the fill of my password of my browser and currently the combination of CTRL + \ does not fill my passwords.

Thanks for helping :)

Jonathan

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@thatann44: Currently the keyboard shortcuts are combined: Ctrl \ to fill a login, and add Alt to show 1Password mini. They are connected in that way, as changing the \ part will modify both to use a different keystroke in conjunction with Ctrl and Ctrl Alt. We do plan to separate these so they can be configured discretely in the future, but that isn't possible right now.

Regarding login filling, can you provide some details? I'm not having any trouble with this in Chrome, so I suspect there's something there we're missing in your case:

• What versions are you using? OS, browser, and extension?
    • Are you having the same problem in other browsers?
    • Does Ctrl Alt \ open 1Password mini for you?
    • What are a few example website URLs you're having trouble with, and the exact steps you're taking?
    • Have you tried 1Password 7?

Thanks in advance!

• thatann44
    thatann44
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @brenty, it seems like it is working now. Sorry for that you can close the thread.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries! That's great! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to start a new discussion if we can be of assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.