Hyatt login issues

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: World.hyatt.com won’t fill.

Comments

• DHK
    DHK
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. I fill in the Username/Last Name/PW manually, hit the gear to save new login with a different name, and when I use that new login it leaves the Username blank, puts the username in the Last Name field and fills in the PW. This is on macOS 10.13.4 Safari 1Pass v 4.7.0. It fails the same on Chrome... didn't bother trying Firefox. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DHK: What is the URL you're using where you're having trouble? I'll be happy to test it.

• DHK
    DHK
    Community Member
    Options

www.hyatt.com brings up a popup box for signin. Thanks...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DHK: Indeed, that popup is problematic. But I was able to save and fill a login using 1Password here:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/signin-error.html

In many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosubmit disabled

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• DHK
    DHK
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thanks, that did work, it's just strange we have to use an error page and it won't work on the main sign in page...

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update. For what it's worth I was able to do this using the main sign in page. It works for me on my iPhone 7 Plus. I just tested it again, and it still works for me the same way I described back on March 28th.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018
    Options

@DHK: Haha, indeed. I did consider that and looked around for a non-error page that offered a more traditional login form. I wasn't able to find one, but I'll let you know if I do in the future. Cheers! :)

@Ben: DHK is using a Mac, I believe. That would explain the difference (a rare case where the mobile site is more cooperative). I was going to split this off into a separate discussion earlier due to that, but wanted to make sure I hadn't misunderstood by having them try that first. Sorry about that! I'll split it now to avoid similar confusion in the future. ;)

• NewTo1Pass
    NewTo1Pass
    Community Member
    Options

I’m unable to accomplish this on my iPad (current software). Don’t have a Mac to do this first and then sync. I’ve followed Ben’s clear instructions but still only get 2 of the 3 mandatory login fields in 1Password. Also tried to save the login on my iPhone6...no joy.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @NewTo1Pass,

So I visited https://world.hyatt.com on my iPad and brought up the sign-in form. I filled all three fields and saved a new Login item from inside iOS Safari using our extension. I refreshed the page to clear the fields, brought the sign-in form up again and filled. All three fields filled for me. All my testing was performed with 1Password 7.0.6 for iOS, the same version in the iTunes store.

What version of 1Password for iOS do you have and are you saying you can only see two fields in the Login item or that it is only filling two fields as these will be different. A Login item will only ever display the username and password but it can fill more due to the web form details that every Login item possesses.

• NewTo1Pass
    NewTo1Pass
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for replying. I have 1Password v7.0.6 with Pro Features. The iPadPro itself is on iOS v11.3.1.

In logging in, I see 3 fields (#/username, last name, password) that I'm trying to save. Only two, #/username and password, are saved. When I try to login the next time, the #/username appears in the Last Name blank, and the password is inserted correctly. No idea how to save all 3 fields, let alone in their correct positions.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@NewTo1Pass: It sounds like you didn't try Ben's suggestion to manually save a new login for the site. Can you give that a shot? It seems to be working, since that allows 1Password to save more information about the page -- and all three fields -- so it can fill them. If you're creating the login by hand in the app, you'll only be able to enter the username and password there, as that's how standard login forms work. Let me know.

• MikeMikeMike
    MikeMikeMike
    Community Member
    Options

Not working for me on a Mac.
    I followed the instructions to manually save the login. I've used that before for other sites and it has worked, but it's not working on Hyatt. It doesn't work on the main page or the error page.

In 1Password, if I click on "View Saved Form Details" it shows it saved info for Username, Last Name and password.
    When I use 1P to fill the form on Hyatt, it leaves Username blank, puts my username in the last name box, and fills in the password.

BTW,
    I'm using a trial version of 1P 7 on the latest MacOS
    I'm seeing if 7 works better than 6. 6 didn't fill in Hyatt either. (I've had 1P since your very early days)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MikeMikeMike: I'm not having any problem saving and filling a login as I outlined earlier. What are the specific OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using?

This discussion has been closed.