Slow synch across web, apps, extensions and team members

Sometimes it can take minutes to synch just across my personal set of apps/extensions. Could we get a force-sync button?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ZapBranagan: I'm sorry to hear that. A "force sync button", however, would not solve the problem, and would likely not work (thought clicking it could be fun!) if there's something interfering with the connection, which is why 1Password.com cannot send and receive data from your devices more quickly. Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, do you have "security" software or network settings that would filter traffic? Thanks in advance! :)

• ZapBranagan
    ZapBranagan
    Community Member

It's across our team of users (we're on a paid business plan per user), who are using different platforms (but mostly Apple computers and devices), and based in different cities around the world. I've found that as an admin, updating something via the web interface (such as changing a password, or assigning vault access) can sometimes be quick, and sometimes be slow. Even across my own set of devices (the Mac app, the iOS app, browser extensions), changing a password can take an unpredictable amount of time to propagate. I've no idea how often 1Password clients poll the servers for changes, or whether it's push notifications, but it would be good if when I've updated something, and the update is not showing for others, I could ask the person to press a 'force update/changes' button.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ZapBranagan: I hear you. And it's a bit confusing because, as you can imagine, how sync notifications work differs based on the platform. Unfortunately this isn't really something we can troubleshoot here on a public forum since it's going to inherently involve information about your account and devices to try to narrow down the cause and find a solution. But if you'll reach out via email at business@1password.com we can investigate further and get to the bottom of this. :)

• ZapBranagan
    ZapBranagan
    Community Member

Thx.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.