Migrating to Teams

Options
2ndMile
2ndMile
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Business and Teams

We are still using 1Password v5 in our small office. Today the logins stopped filling in Safari so I guess it is time to make the jump to Teams.

We have 4 computers that are shared by all employees. These are used for taking orders, shipping, etc. I currently have two vaults, Management (which I use) and Operations (which everyone else uses) each with its own password. Vaults are synced via Dropbox. Occasionally I need to sit down at one of these computers and get a password from the Management vault. This is accomplished simply by switching to that vault and entering the appropriate password. Then I lock the vault and use the vault switching on the lock screen to switch back to Operations, and then enter that vault's password.

This has worked wonderfully for nearly 4 years.

In V6 vault switching on the lock screen is gone.

OS User switching is not a good solution as it is slow and unnecessary in our scenario.

Is there a way to use Teams and 1Password v6 to achieve what has been possible up to this point?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@2ndMile: Indeed, if you're using macOS High Sierra, there's no good reason not to be using the latest version of 1Password as well, as that's continually being updated for the latest web browser releases. While you've got kind of a difficult setup there security-wise (sharing machines is risky, as anyone with access could do something malicious or make a mistake that affects everyone), but you could use 1Password X in separate Chrome profiles to separate things a bit. Again, it's not something we can really recommend, but it sounds like that would help your use case. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.