Great job on Watchtower!

Options
verdi1987
verdi1987
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Commendations on the development of Watchtower. It now displays a lot of information I’ve always wanted (and some I didn’t realize I wanted)!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jonnoy
    Jonnoy
    Community Member
    Options

Agreed it's a great improvement, been going through turning on 2 factor authentication for lots of my log-ins this morning!

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

Agree 100% - it's really fantastic.

• dem
    dem
    Community Member
    Options

And thanks for letting those of us who use a different app for 2FA codes turn off the 2FA warning.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the kind words, folks. :)

Ben

• george_perez
    george_perez
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to mention that while immensely great, it needs some work when giving some warnings. For example, for Backblaze it says that I don't have 2FA on but I do. Backblaze only offers SMS 2FA. (Which is shown in the link that's in the login info page). https://help.backblaze.com/hc/en-us/articles/217666588-Two-Factor-Verification

• rudy
    Options

@george_perez,

If you put a 2FA tag on that item, it'll stop warning you about it.

Rudy

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@george_perez: Indeed, it's worth noting that 1Password has no way of knowing that you have a completely separate multifactor authentication method in use unless you tell it. Also, keep in mind that SMS is not a secure communication channel. On the Backblaze website, it says they also support TOTP:

https://www.backblaze.com/business-computer-backup.html

But I can't figure out where to enable that, or if it is only available on business plans. Worth looking into. Cheers! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@george_perez: I got a quick reply from Backblaze, and they directed me to this blog post:

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/two-factor-verification-via-totp/

Looking forward to setting this up on my own account in a bit. Cheers! :)

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member
    Options

Hey guys,

Just wanted to jump in, love that new Watchtower :smile: Also supper happy to find the answer to 2FA without TOTP (for apps that use either SMS of Software authentication keys) :+1:

I just have 2 things that could make it even better:

1. Are you planning to add a Dashboard with all the information from Watchtower (something similar to what already exists in web UI) ?
    2. Would be great to be able to add number of items in each watchtower category (same as you can add to "normal" categories)
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Just wanted to jump in, love that new Watchtower :smile: Also supper happy to find the answer to 2FA without TOTP (for apps that use either SMS of Software authentication keys) :+1:

@ondrejfuhrer: That's great to hear! Thank you! :chuffed:

Are you planning to add a Dashboard with all the information from Watchtower (something similar to what already exists in web UI) ?

I can neither confirm nor deny that. :crazy: But I hope so!

Would be great to be able to add number of items in each watchtower category (same as you can add to "normal" categories)

Hmm. Perhaps we can do something like that. Thank you for the suggestions! :)

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @brenty

Just wanted to give a small follow up on this: Would it be possible to use the 2fa tag as a nested tag? Right now it does not work, but since we have the nested tags, would be great if that would be supported (so I can nest then inside i.e. Watchtower tag to group all Watchtower related tags, if there will be any other special tags, or in this case nest it under Two-factor auth tag so that all tags related to that are in the same place, etc.)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hmm. That isn't possible now, but it's an interesting idea. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

ref: xplatform/b5book#855

This discussion has been closed.