Watchtower - Reused Passwords view isn't filtering out Generated Passwords and Logins

Options
OAW
OAW
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I get what the Watchtower - Reused Passwords view is trying to do and it's a great feature! But it's generating a lot of "noise" in the scenario where for whatever reason you generate a new password (expiration, security breaches, etc.) and update the login with the new value. This view is currently telling me I have 182 "reused" items in my vault but when I scroll through them about 95+% of them are this particular scenario. Shouldn't this feature only check for reuse between Logins only and just ignore Generated Passwords?

1Password Version: 7.0 Beta 16
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.5 Beta (17F70a)
Sync Type: 1PW Account

Comments

• Ben
    Options

I can see argumens for both sides of that @OAW. Different folks have different use cases that would change the answer for this. This is something we can evaluate as more folks get their hands on 1Password 7.

Ben

• dlmorgan999
    dlmorgan999
    Community Member
    Options

I just purchased the Windows 7 standalone version, and I have the same comment. Seeing so many basically invalid reused password entries makes this feature a lot less useful. Perhaps you could add a setting to filter these or not?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

To clarify, this discussion is regarding the beta of 1Password for Mac version 7, which has already ended. But we are looking into ways to make it more flexible.

This discussion has been closed.