Sync option not available on new download to my new iPad

Options
dekfromer
dekfromer
Community Member

Downloaded free trial version of 1password to new iPad today (it is installed on both my macbook pro and iPhone for years) and wanted to sync it to my mac... the sync option is not available in the left plain of the settings window of 1password on the new iPad. Why?

1Password Version: new today form app store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os 10.11.6
Sync Type: wlan
Referrer: forum-search:syncing iOS trail version with mac

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dekfromer,

It sounds like you signed up for a trial of 1Password membership. Membership is a 1st party solution, and uses only 1Password.com to sync. You can learn about migrating from an existing standalone setup to membership here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If your intention wasn’t to trial 1Password membership then please see this guide instead:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

I hope that helps!

Ben

• dekfromer
    dekfromer
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben... thanks for the response. Evidently I wasn't clear... I sighed into my apple account and downloaded 1pw from the App store were I had previously purchased it for my iPhone. I have been trying to sync the new iPad with my mac using WLAN as I have always done with the mac and iPhone... though I don't like using iCloud, I tried this after your comments regarding standalone. I was able to do a one time sync using the cloud which worked... and then I erased the cloud data. The programs have been synced and now are all functional... including the ability to sync via WLAN. Thanks for directing me in the right direction, Dek

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It probably would have been easier to select WLAN Server to begin with, or to just use iCloud going forward, but I'm glad Ben was able to help. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.