When 1Password 7 releases, will I need to uninstall 1Password 6 manually?

mruszczyk
mruszczyk
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Right now I have both the Beta and release 1Password 6 installed. I've been using 1Password 7 exclusively, when the release version happens I would want to move to the release version of 7. Will I be able to swap to the release channel easily and will it uninstall 1Password 6 on it's own?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• The 1Password 7 installer will clean up 1Password 6. If for some reason it does not please let us know. :)

Ben

• PeterRidges
    PeterRidges
    Community Member

I have just signed up for 1Password 7 and my 1Password 6 is still running. I'd like to remove v6, how should I do that?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

You can quit 1Password 6 and the 1Password 6 mini by using ⌃⌥⌘Q (Control-Option-Command-Q) and then simply drag the 1Password 6 application to the trash.

Stephen

• Thanks for the assist, @Stephen_C

Ben

• plus91uk
    plus91uk
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

Hi sorry to jump on thread but i have done as above to remove 1password6 and the following pop appears as i have app cleaner installed

You are about to remove your 1Password user data.

Your user data are located in the following directory:
    ~/libary/application Support/1password 4

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I (and AgileBits) very strongly recommend against using an app cleaner when deleting 1Password. It's going to try to persuade you to delete files that you probably need to keep. That may not matter (if you are extremely careful and ensure it's deleting only 1Password 6 files and not any 1Password 7 files) so long as you already have 1Password 7 running satisfactorily and know that it contains all your 1Password data. That's because 1Password 6 and 1Password 7 store their respective data in different locations.

Stephen

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

@plus91uk Stephen_C is exactly right, please don't use an app cleaner to help you delete 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.