Beta-16 Hotkey & Form Submit

Options
elDub
elDub
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

When 1Password is unlocked and I am on a login form within Safari, using the hotkey of CMD-\ to auto-fill and submit appears to be submitting the form with my currently pressed modifier keys (CMD) selected and is opening up the results in a new tab.

What I mean is, if I were to fill out the form manually and then CMD-CLICK on the form submit button, Safari would submit the form and open the response in a new tab. 1Password appears to be doing this. I realize that it is because I still have the CMD key pressed at the moment that 1Password submits the form (is it now faster than it used to be?), however, prior versions did not do this.

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-16
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud & Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @elDub

I’m not sure there is much we can do about this. As you mentioned Safari uses the Cmd modifier to determine if the user wants the link opened in a new tab. I’ve filed an issue with development though to see if they have further thoughts.

Thanks.

Ben

ref: apple-1307

• elDub
    elDub
    Community Member
    Options

@ben: Thanks. I don't believe this is an issue with 1P 6, so it seems like it should be addressable. Same keystroke sequence.

• Ben
    Options

I understand the argument. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.