1Password for windows not syncing

I have a 1Password account. A recent login created on my Mac at home and that I can view on iOS and on my Mac is not showing up on Windows machines at work. This has been going on for at least a week over multiple logins on multiple different machines.

1Password Version: 6.8.534
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional
Sync Type: account

Comments

• @kaymac01: While work networks always hold the potential for trouble generally, we've made quite a number of improvements to sync generally in the 1Password 7 beta. Ordinarily, I'm not one to aggressively push folks to use a beta, but in this case 1Password 7 has been in beta for quite some time and the improvements on this front far outweigh the risk of hiccups. I've been using it since the early days myself and, particularly if you exclusively use a 1Password account, my very first recommendation would be to give it a try. If you're having any sort of server connectivity issues, there's a strong chance 1Password 7 will resolve them.

Of course, if you are still having trouble with the beta or are set on sticking with 1Password 6, let us know and we'll take a closer. :chuffed:

• skein
    skein
    Community Member

I am also having this issue (and still experiencing daily the Mac app requesting the Master Password). Password saved on Mac, viewable on the server, and on iOS, yet not showing in Windows. Created yesterday, have locked/unlocked app and still not showing.
    I don't really want to use a Beta - is there any other workaround?

• Freezer_Guy
    Freezer_Guy
    Community Member

What I'm finding is similar. My Mac and IOS devices sync without issue, and normally my Windows devices will sync as well, but only if the Windows devices have not gone into Sleep Mode. If the Windows devices have gone into sleep mode and I sign back on, those devices are not synced with any changes I may have made on the Mac or IOS devices. What I do as a workaround is close 1Password on the Windows device, reopen and sign into 1Password and everything is once again synced. Alternatively restarting the Windows computer will do the same. There's something about sleep mode that 1Password doesn't appear to play nicely with. This is consistent on 3 different Windows computers, all running Windows 10 Pro Fall Creators version. I'm hesitant to use a beta version, but I might try it on one of my machines to see what happens.

• @Freezer_Guy: Sleep is known to be a problem at times. Essentially, Windows is kinda slow at rebuilding your network stack. 1Password tries to sync before the network is connected, fails, and rather the retrying when it's supposed to, it waits an hour until it's sync timer runs. We've fixed that in 7. :+1:

@skein: Give your Mac app is repeatedly asking for your Master Password, that points to something more involved, in my opinion. You can always make a local edit in 1Password for Windows (add a note to a Login item, for example) to see if that triggers a sync. If it doesn't, I'd first ask about this particular symptom over in the Mac topic where you'll find some more Mac experts. If they're not sure what might cause that particular symptom, I'd wager we'll want to take a closer look at some diagnostics across devices so see where the trouble is.

• Freezer_Guy
    Freezer_Guy
    Community Member

Bundtkate: Thanks for the for quick response and explanation regarding sleep. I’m coming near the end of my 30 day trial and will definitely purchase 1Password based on your responsiveness and the overall features it offers. Looking forward to release 7 for Windows.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad that Kate was able to help, and that you're enjoying 1Password! Version 7 is right around the corner, and we're here if you have any other questions, comments, or feedback. Have a great weekend! :chuffed:

• skein
    skein
    Community Member

@bundtkate Thanks for the reply. The Mac pw issue I raised separately - the workaround is to attempt to use the browser/mini version, which correctly asks for touchid. The main app seems to default to master password more often than not. Just waiting for a fix ;)
    Will see about trying the beta.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@skein: If the issue with Mac remains, please raise your question in Mac topic here as Kate advised above. Our Mac team is very friendly. :chuffed:

We made a ton of improvements in 1Password 7 Beta for Windows (including sync ones), so please make sure to check it out. Let us know how it works for you. Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.