1Password showing welcome screen on every reboot [Deselect Edge as the default browser on Windows]

Options
Rangeball
Rangeball
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm getting the following error.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.0.543
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10 1803
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Rangeball: That's not actually an error, though it's not the behavior we want either. This screen should only show if you don't have the desktop app installed, but due to a change in how Edge is launched in the latest Windows update, it can now pop up when it's not supposed to. Windows launches Edge in suspended mode now, which launches the extension's helper processes, which then launch 1Password. My understanding is some folks will see this screen anyways, particularly on startup. Likely because the process is taking too long making the extension think the app is missing. We know it's an annoyance and we apologize. We are considering some workarounds, but in the meantime, you can simply close the window and ignore it. 1Password should work fine. :+1:

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

I get it every morning when I start up my computer. Brenty advised me to do exactly what you wrote ,@Bundkate; just ignore it. It's just an aggravation that's all.

• Rangeball
    Rangeball
    Community Member
    Options

Thx all, I'll disregard then.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Rangeball, @Andrew42: In case it helps, others have reported that making Edge not the default browser and quitting it completely prevents this from happening. But if it is the default browser, in 1803 it will be launched on startup to make it available more quickly when you use it.

This discussion has been closed.