Translation issue on categories

Options
maan
maan
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hello !

And a big thank you for your work, the newest version is wonderful, Il love the new 1Password Mini and Watchtower!

I have an issue with French translation, in fact as you can see in this screenshot all fields are translate except categories.

Screenshot : https://web.tresorit.com/l#-05FSOH11f7Fk8pkW27kwg

Thanks in advance,

1Password Version: 7 BETA 16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@maan: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! That's not 1Password for Mac. That information is provided by the server since you're using a 1Password account. We're working toward localizing that, but we're not there yet. I apologize for the inconvenience. :blush:

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

That's a longstanding issue that also affected 1Password 6.
    Because of it, 1Password got some fairly negative comments in some of the Mac French news sites at the time (saying in essence that the localization was patchy).
    I really think something should be done about it and I'm glad to hear that AgileBits is working on making it localizable. I'm with @maan on this one.

Corentin

PS: on that note @maan. Don't hesitate to report any localization issue with French that you might encounter (weird wording, etc).
    I participate in the localization effort and I'd be more than happy to take a look and try and correct issues that can be addressed if I can.

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018
    Options

@cortig: Indeed, it's definitely being worked on. It's unacceptable that 1Password users around the world aren't able to use their accounts in their native languages, and this affects users on all platforms. I'm sorry I don't have more to share at this time, but thank you so much for pushing us to do better, and for being awesome and contributing where you can. <3

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

:+1: Thanks @brenty !

Corentin

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:chuffed: :+1:

• maan
    maan
    Community Member
    Options

No update for this issue ?

Thanks in advance :)

• rudy
    Options

@maan,

No updates at this time. The server team is still actively working towards their side of the changes necessary.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @rudy,

If I'm not mistaken AgileBits is located in Canada. Aren't you going to get in trouble with the “Loi 101” eventually?? ;-)

Corentin

• rudy
    edited August 2018
    Options

@cortig,

I'm no Canadian legal expert, but I believe that only applies to Quebec. AgileBits is based out of Ontario, specifically Toronto.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

You're probably right @rudy :-) (though it was worth a try to attempt to twist your arm a bit ;-) ).
    And I'm no Canadian legal expert either

Corentin

P.S. You’re almost exactly mid-distance between Québec and myself!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I think if it were a problem legally we'd know by now after more than a decade. But regardless we're working hard on getting things ready so we can offer 1Password in more languages across the board. :) :+1:

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty, you’re ruining my whole strategy to influence you :->
    Though I would add that a French localization was provided for as far as I can remember. Ronald Leroux ans myself were working on it probably since v1 through iLocalize (and everything was pretty much localizable then since it was all in the resources of the app itself).

:-)

Corentin

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brenty, you’re ruining my whole strategy to influence you :->

@cortig: I assure you it's not intentional. I'm probably just being dense. :lol:

Though I would add that a French localization was provided for as far as I can remember. Ronald Leroux ans myself were working on it probably since v1 through iLocalize (and everything was pretty much localizable then since it was all in the resources of the app itself). :-)

Indeed, it's changed a bit over the years, but that's still roughly how the apps are localized. The hosted service is just a lot more complex. Thanks for your support, both past and present! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.