Multiple Accounts in 1 Login

Options
TC!!
TC!!
Community Member

Hi,

I've been using 1Password personally for years and now use it as part of a team. I look after hosting and developing websites and it's quite common for me to have multiple logins for the same site. So for example I'll store the URL, username and password for the hosting cPanel and then the same again for the Wordpress admin.

It's great that I can store all the information in one login using sections but the problem I have is I can only open and fill with the 1st username and password.

Is there a way to do this or am I using 1Password in the wrong way? Should all the logins be separate items?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TC!!: Indeed, each Login item has a single username and password combination which it can use for filling. 1Password can only fill fields in the default template, as custom fields are completely user-defined. I suppose in the future we could potentially allow you to store multiple sets of login credentials in the same item...but it seems like that's just moving things around, since you can get the same effect with separate logins today. Is there a particular reason you don't want to use multiple logins? It seems to me it's easier to navigate and select what to fill since they're discrete items. I'd get lost if I had to drill down into sub-logins with logins to find what I want. But it's an interesting idea. :)

This discussion has been closed.