To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

migrating data from ewallet to 1Password

Options
tbfonseca
tbfonseca
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Memberships

I currently use ewallet app and want to know if it is possible to migrate data from that app to 1 password ad if so, what are the instructions?
thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:migrating data from other apps

Comments

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

Is that helpful for you?

https://support.1password.com/import/

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tbfonseca: I'm not familiar with that app, but you may want to check out @MrC ’s converter, as that can help you get your data into a format that 1Password can understand and import. I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @tbfonseca ,

Yes, you can convert your Desktop eWallet export data to 1Password. The mobile apps do not have a useful export format - you will need to have your eWallet data on a desktop system (macOS or Windows).

Which platform are you using for eWallet?

• JPalmeira
    JPalmeira
    Community Member
    Options

Hello.
    Im trying to convert my ewallet backup to use in 1Password.
    Im following the procedure but when I try to convert, appear the message below.

C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\convert_to_1p4>perl convert_to_1p4.pl ewallet -v
    ..\Backup Tomas 20072010 Backup.wlt
    Can't locate Utils/PIF.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Utils::PIF module
    ) (@INC contains: C:/myperl/perl/site/lib C:/myperl/perl/vendor/lib C:/myperl/pe
    rl/lib) at convert_to_1p4.pl line 15.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at convert_to_1p4.pl line 15.

Need help please.
    What I am doing wrong?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@JPalmeira ,

Please use the 1.10 version of the converter suite, in Testing Bits, mentioned in the first post of the thread. It resolves the issue you are seeing.

Feel free to ask for more help if you need it.

Mrc

• JPalmeira
    JPalmeira
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @MrC
    Thank you for your feedback.
    The testing Bits link it's empty. Still I tried to download but the file is corrupted.
    The Stable Bits link it's ok too to use?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@JPalmeira ,

I’m so sorry. Version 1.10 is now in Stable Bits. I’ve been saying Testing Bits for so long, I’d forgotten I promoted it to Stable Bits last week!

• Maserati
    Maserati
    Community Member
    Options

How about in Mac OS?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@Maserati ,

Are you asking if you can convert your eWallet for macOS export to 1Password? If so, then yes, the converter suite has an ewallet converter you can use. Just follow the README.pdf. Ask if you have more questions.

• Thanks for the assist here MrC. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.