Does the OTP QR Scanner option "from my screen" work in 1Password for Windows V7 beta?

Options
pdk
pdk
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

The OTP QR Scanner "from my screen" option doesn't seem to work for m e in 1Password for Windows V7 beta. I make sure that the QR code is visible on the screen. When I choose that option, should I see a window that I can position over the QR code? Or should 1Password just find the QR code?

The other two options (from clipboard and from image file) work fine.

Am I doing something wrong?

1Password Version: 7.0.543
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10 PRO 64 bit v1803
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Does the OTP QR Scanner option "from my screen" work in 1Password for Windows V7 beta?

@pdk: It sure does! :)

The OTP QR Scanner "from my screen" option doesn't seem to work for m e in 1Password for Windows V7 beta. I make sure that the QR code is visible on the screen. When I choose that option, should I see a window that I can position over the QR code? Or should 1Password just find the QR code? The other two options (from clipboard and from image file) work fine. Am I doing something wrong?

Hmm. How it works is when you select that option, 1Password minimizes itself and looks for a QR code onscreen. If it finds one, it will pop back up, and it will have placed the text-string equivalent in the field. It's not obvious, because this will be obscured with ••••. There is no UI that comes up, it's just going to see what is visible onscreen. Does that help?

• pdk
    pdk
    Community Member
    Options

Whoops. Color me embarrassed! I didn't actually note that the text-string was being populated. I just tried it again and it works as you said, although the text-string seems to be in the clear. Just hitting save after that and my OTC field works. Thanks for pointing out what was right in front of my eyes. 8-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pdk: Hey, no worries. That's great! I will admit that it wasn't clear to me at first either. Our chief concern is that it works, but perhaps we can add an animation or something in the future to make it clear that it does. Thanks for the feedback on that! :)

This discussion has been closed.