Cannot log on to my vault

For the first time in 4 years, I cannot log into my vault. I am a very basic user. I do not use on mobile devices, just my one Windows 7 desktop. The password has not be changed for a long time. Only changes I can think of are:

1) I reactivated dropbox yesterday and there is agilekeychain folder in there (which I have no idea how to use)
2) Avast did some major upgrade yesterday.

Help!!!

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Redmoid,

I am sorry to hear you bumped into troubles with 1Password! You did the right thing by contacting us.

It sounds like you have been using a local vault in 1Password 4 for Windows on your PC and synced that local vault via Dropbox, is this correct? If it is, could you please specify what do you mean by "I cannot log into my vault"? Your Master Password doesn't work or is it something else?

Please tell me the the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• jDargin
    jDargin
    Community Member

Greg, after sign on using https://my.1password.com I can display my vault of websites but the firefox browser extension will only display and empty window with icons on the left but clicking on them does nothing. I am using firefox and not using private browsing. I don't know how to create a gif file to show you.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jDargin,

Please make sure to install 1Password app on your PC in addition to 1Password extension in Firefox. The extension in the browser will not work without the app, as it doesn't have any information about your account and needs an app to communicate with. Here is how you can set it up:

Get the 1Password apps (Windows)

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.