DavidTcn
DavidTcn
Community Member
edited May 2018 in iOS

Here is how to reproduce the bug:

1. Create a new password, tap Edit, then tap "Generate New Password"

2. Hit this "x" to clear the auto-generated password

3. manually type in a new password, then tap Done:

4. In theory, "terriblebug" should be copied to the clipboard, however, that is not the case:

5. And now if you go back to 1Password, you can see that what's recorded in 1Password is "terriblebug", not the auto-generated password that is cleared during editing but somehow gets copied to the clipboard:

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.3.1
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DavidTcn: Hmm. I could go either way on this. I have to ask: which is the bug, the copy, or the save? I think they can't both be. Either 1Password should be respecting the password you changed it to, saving that, and copying it to the clipboard; or it should keep the generated password, save that, and copy it to the clipboard instead. I think maybe the former will be what most people expect...but now that I type that I'm wondering what you expected. Let me know. :)

• DavidTcn
    DavidTcn
    Community Member
    Options

“Either 1Password should be respecting the password you changed it to, saving that, and copying it to the clipboard; or it should keep the generated password, save that, and copy it to the clipboard instead.”

I expect the former, but 1Password is not behaving in the later either.

Because in this case, 1Password save the password users changed it to, saving that, BUT copying the generated password to the clipboard.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018
    Options

I expect the former, but 1Password is not behaving in the later either.

@DavidTcn: Thank you! "1Password should be respecting the password you changed it to, saving that, and copying it to the clipboard" I think that's reasonable. :)

Because in this case, 1Password save the password users changed it to, saving that, BUT copying the generated password to the clipboard.

Yep. Weirdly, this does not seem to happen when creating a new login, only editing an exiting one. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

ref: apple-1358

This discussion has been closed.