1Password shows blank, white screen on new iPhone8

Options
jasimon9
jasimon9
Community Member

I got a new iPhone 8 having iOS 11.3.1. My passwords are synched via Dropbox, so I manually logged in to Dropbox on the new phone. In Dropbox on the new phone I can see 1Password.agilekeychain.

But when I try to enter 1Password on the new phone, I first get the prompt for Touch ID. After I do that I get a completely blank, white screen. On the old iPhone, when I do the same thing, the normal 1P screen appears.

How do I get 1P working on my new phone?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jasimon9: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! It sounds like something went wrong when things were setup on your new iPhone. I'm guessing that you restored from an iTunes or iCloud backup. Nothing wrong with that, but unfortunately they don't always restore everything. Since you've got your 1Password data in Dropbox though, there's no worry. Just remove 1Password and install a fresh copy from the App Store. You should be able to set it up with your vault in Dropbox. If you're still having trouble, make sure you remove the Dropbox app from your iPhone. 1Password will try to hand off to that, but if it's damaged you'll run into a similar issue. Let me know how it turns out! :)

• jasimon9
    jasimon9
    Community Member
    Options

I reinstalled 1P from the App Store. I found that the process of running 1P was very unintuitive. When it said "Already using 1P" it gave some choices, but not what to do. I guess that it meant I should select Dropbox, so I did. Then some steps about allowing 1P to access Dropbox, and selecting the vault. But then it had an error downloading from Dropbox. It was a bunch of more guessing to click on things, because of little guidance on what to do next. Eventually the Sync started. It apparently succeeded to sync my 1014 items.

Not a very smooth process though.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I reinstalled 1P from the App Store. I found that the process of running 1P was very unintuitive. When it said "Already using 1P" it gave some choices, but not what to do. I guess that it meant I should select Dropbox, so I did. Then some steps about allowing 1P to access Dropbox, and selecting the vault.

@jasimon9: If you've been using Dropbox to sync your data then it makes sense to choose that option. Unfortunately the only one who knows how you used 1Password previously is you, so this isn't something 1Password can tell you.

But then it had an error downloading from Dropbox. It was a bunch of more guessing to click on things, because of little guidance on what to do next. Eventually the Sync started. It apparently succeeded to sync my 1014 items. Not a very smooth process though.

Can you elaborate? What was the error? What do you mean by "click on things"? I'm glad you were ultimately successful in syncing your data from Dropbox, and if you can be specific about what you had trouble with in 1Password we'll see if there's something to do to improve it. :)

This discussion has been closed.