To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

new account - cannot log into app on Mac

Options
47beideman
47beideman
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Memberships

I've established a new family account for a family member. got the web page account setup with admin. when I down load the app to her MBP, install and open, I get the regular login screen (not the first time user screen). she must have had 1password on the MBP before? anyway, the password I used for her when setting up the account on the website DOES NOT work when attempting to open app on MBP.

help.

thanks

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: web
Referrer: forum-search:lost password

Comments

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member
    Options

update. i'm getting an error message "1password failed to connect to 1password mini". i have attempted to erase all traces of 1 password (application, safari extension, files in ~/library/(container, application support, preferences), emptied the trash, downloaded current package from the 1password web site.

no love.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@47beideman: Sorry for the confusion. It sounds like you've only partially removed things, and that's left 1Password in a bad state. Please do the following:

1. Drag any copies of 1Password you can find using Spotlight to the Trash
    2. Restart your Mac
    3. Install a fresh copy of 1Password: https://1password.com/downloads/
    4. Reset the app

You should then be able to set it up from scratch. Let me know how it goes.

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member
    Options

thanks. that worked

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member
    Options

v.7 is awesome!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you're enjoying it! And the best part is it will only get better. :chuffed:

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member
    Options

i've got 2 gamers running windows boxes. let's get that windows v.7 going!

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Absolutely @47beideman! Are you having troubles doing that?

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member
    Options

i'm noticing that, on what seems to be a random basis, the fill capability on v.7 fills the credential fields but does not "hit return" like v.6 used to. also, that "return" feature has never worked on ios devices.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

i'm noticing that, on what seems to be a random basis, the fill capability on v.7 fills the credential fields but does not "hit return" like v.6 used to.

@47beideman: If you can give me an example with the URL and exact steps, I'll be happy to test it to see if there's something we can do to improve it.

also, that "return" feature has never worked on ios devices.

Indeed, there's no way currently to emulate a keypress with Javascipt on iOS.

This discussion has been closed.