Safari Extension suddenly stopped filling

Options

I worked as usual. No updates, no Mac restarts. But suddenly came the problem. What should I check?

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @arche,

If you're really running 1Password 6.0.1 you're missing a rather large number of updates. Here's what I would like you to do for me please.

1. Confirm you are currently running 1Password 6.0.1. If you are continue with the steps.

Mac App Store user

1. Make a note of your Apple ID password just in case you need it later.
    2. Quit 1Password using the keyboard shortcut ⌃⌘Q (it may be ⌃⌥⌘Q, I can't remember when we added the alt modifier key to the shortcut).
    3. Drag the 1Password application bundle from your `/Applications/ folder to the Trash.
    4. Open the App Store application.
    5. Switch to the Purchased tab and locate 1Password. Download a fresh copy of 1Password 6.8.9. You may be prompted to reauthorise, this is where your password from above comes in handy if you're like me and don't know it by heart.

AgileBits Store user

1. Quit 1Password using the keyboard shortcut ⌃⌘Q (it may be ⌃⌥⌘Q, I can't remember when we added the alt modifier key to the shortcut).
    2. Drag the 1Password application bundle from your `/Applications/ folder to the Trash.
    3. Download and install a fresh copy of 1Password from "Downloads - 1Password" page.

Having completed the steps for your version of 1Password can you now:

1. Restart the Mac for good measure.
    2. Launch the new copy of 1Password and unlock.
    3. Launch Safari.

After all of this you should be running 1Password 6.8.9. Assuming the 1Password button is present in the Safari toolbar (to indicate an installed and active 1Password extension) does filling work again now?

• arche
    arche
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it looks like my problem has been resolved. Thank you very much!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent, @arche! You're very much welcome, on behalf of littlebobbytables. :+1::chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.