To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I need to reset my Master password but I do not remember the original.

Options
lauren_s
lauren_s
Community Member

How can I reset my Master password without knowing the original? I am able to log in to my account because Google chrome has saved the login, but I need to reset my password so that I can log in on other devices. Any help is appreciated!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:master password

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

You can't change password without knowing the original, and AgileBits don't have any way of resetting.

However, it sounds as though Chrome has saved your master password, and it iis possible to view Chrome's saved passwords.

Try going to Chrome's preferences, choosing Advanced at the bottom, and then Manage Passwords under the Passwords section. You should be able to view saved passwords, though I think you will need the login password for your computer.

I can't guarantee that this will work, but it is worth trying.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lauren_s: danco is correct, but I also wanted to add that the tips in this guide as they may help you:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

Just remember that even if you forget your Master Password, you can try to enter it as many times as you want. You won’t be “locked out”. You just will not be able to make changes to the account unless you can enter the required Master Password correctly. Please let me know how it turns out.

This discussion has been closed.