Unable to sign in iCloud sys prefs

RCMjr
RCMjr
Community Member

I'm unable to sign in to my iCloud account in the sys prefs on my Mac computer. When I sign into my iCloud account online, I receive a 1PW verification number that I can allow and I get signed in online. However, I do not receive that 1PW verification prompt when I sign in on my Mac which is preventing me from signing in on my account.

I called Apple to speak with them about this issue and after doing a screen-share with them and trying to sign into my iCloud account, they've suggested I contact you.

Another issue: when I looked to see what extension I was using for Safari, it didn't appear. When I tried to download the extension and install it, I received the message below.

Thanks.

Chip

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @RCMjr

I’m not sure I understand how 1Password relates to the first issue. Apple’s two-factor authentication doesn’t use TOTP, which is what 1Password can generate for you. If you’re talking about a screen like this:

That isn’t 1Password. That’s all done by Apple/macOS/iOS. 1Password isn’t part of the equation.

As for Safari... in the screenshot you posted 1Password is already installed. I’ve highlighted it for you:

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.