if I delete the app from iphone will the data remain in my account

Options
peter17831
peter17831
Community Member

I seem to have 3 copies of all my data and rather than delete each one individually I was going to delete the app then reload it. Will my data remain in the account if I do this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:if I delete the app from iphone will the data remain in my account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@peter17831: If you have a 1Password.com account, then yes, everything stored there will be available to you again when you sign into it to setup the app. Did you sign up for a 1Password.com membership?

• peter17831
    peter17831
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the late reply but have been out of internet range.

Thanks for the info and yes I purchased a monthly single licence to put across multiple devices. I have completed the updates now but have another question for you.

While using the browser extension, it does not like scrolling down the list of my log ins. I have to hold the down arrow so it scrolls all the way to the bottom, but if I stop and then start again, it starts at the top again. Also if I try to drag the mouse down the list to go to the bottom it wont go all the way and I have to physically take the cursor out of the 1Password box so it keeps scrolling but even then if you stop for any reason, it goes back to the top????

Have you come across this one before??

regards and thanks in advance for your assistance.

Peter

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry for the late reply but have been out of internet range.

@peter17831: No worries! I hope you enjoyed it. :)

Thanks for the info and yes I purchased a monthly single licence to put across multiple devices. I have completed the updates now but have another question for you.

Sure thing, and thanks for your support! :chuffed:

While using the browser extension, it does not like scrolling down the list of my log ins. I have to hold the down arrow so it scrolls all the way to the bottom, but if I stop and then start again, it starts at the top again. Also if I try to drag the mouse down the list to go to the bottom it wont go all the way and I have to physically take the cursor out of the 1Password box so it keeps scrolling but even then if you stop for any reason, it goes back to the top???? Have you come across this one before??

I'm not sure I follow you here. Can you tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using?

But I'm also curious: why are you scrolling through all of your logins? That's really tedious even under the best of circumstances. Have you tried searching for the one you need? I find that saves me a lot of time. :)

• peter17831
    peter17831
    Community Member
    Options

I am using Win 10
    Google chrome
    1Password X Ver 1.7.3,
    1Password App ver is 6.8.534

Yes that is also a good question, why am I scrolling instead of searching. I was trying to find and old login I havent used for long time and scrolled for it as I had forgotten what it was called. thats how I discovered the issue. It dpoes not do it to me on my phone or ipad just in my google x extension???

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@peter17831: Ah, I hear you. I've done that too. I always change the name after that though so it's easier for me to find next time.

Indeed, 1Password X is completely different code from what's used for developing native apps on Apple platforms (or Android, Windows); it's a Chrome extension designed to run solely within the browser for cases where an app cannot be installed (Linux, ChromeOS, restrictive corporate machines). So you may want to checkout the 1Password desktop extension, since that integrates directly with the Windows app:

https://1password.com/browsers/

However, I think I understand what you mean about scrolling in 1Password X. I hadn't really thought about it much since I usually use the keyboard if I need to scroll. It may be something we can improve in the future, but part of this is the way we've designed it to keep it efficient. Many 1Password.com users have hundreds and thousands of items, so the extension loading all of them at once in the browser (with no help from a native app) can have some performance issues. So you might notice that the scroll area in 1Password X will adjust position and length as you move through it, because it's loading more items on the fly. Initially, it loads only the best results, which it displays at the top. It will only load more as needed, when you scroll down and exhaust the beginning of the list. Is that what you're seeing?

This discussion has been closed.