Another new forum? [Nope. Still just this one.]

I usually navigate to these forums from the agilebits main page. I just came here to look up an issue and the link sent me to some other (dare I say God-awful) forum on tenderapp.com. What gives? Fortunately I saw a URL somewhere for this forum so I could get here directly. FWIW, I much prefer the look and functionality of these forums to the other.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2011
    Tender won't be replacing these forums and isn't really a forum like IP.Board is.

We're just trying to direct folks to our new primary support channel. The forums aren't really a great place for novice or first-time users to get help. Tender gives us better tools for that. The forums have been a great way to foster community, and we're working to restore the support balance to something a bit more sane (rather than directing it all to the forums as were were for a bit).

As far as I understand it, the forums will continue to be a place for power users and those of us who love discussing technical issues and bug hunting. Folks like my parents who don't know AES from MAS will be able to get better support through Tender. :-)

As always, nothing is written in stone, and that is just my own way of viewing it not hard rules. There will always be some overlap between the tools we use to provide the best support for and communicate with our awesome customers.
  • Ken Brucker
    Ken Brucker
    Community Member
    Finding this forum again was HARD! Most of the 'Forum' links point over to tenderapp. I'm surprised you guys want to have two forum areas for discussion. Also of note, when I was trying to get to a forum about 1P on the iphone I kept ending up in a tenderapp forum for OSX.

I'm a bit confused.
  • youngjm
    youngjm
    Community Member
    I must say I like the look of this forum much better. It is easier to read and navigate.
  • F451
    F451
    Community Member
    This forum have become bloody maddening as there is simply too much information to digest. The new help link is what's needed for newcomers to bring clarity if you're actually looking for help!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Tender isn't a community forum like this it. It is more of a knowledge base/customer support thing. They fill two different roles, and, as I mentioned above, we want to provide first time and novice users with the best possible support experience. For folks who want to be part of a community rather than simply get help for an issue and move on, this forum will continue to be available via http://forum.agilebits.com/ as usual. :-)
This discussion has been closed.