Missing backslashes when the Chrome extension displays a secure note

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited May 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi, I've found a bug in the 1PX Chrome extension (v1.7.3).

If a secure note contains:

• A double backslash (such as a Windows network share "\server"), only one backslash is shown;
  • A single backslash, no backslash is shown at all.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.7.3
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lammoth: Some of this will be unavoidable due to Markdown support if you're not using ``` to preformat text, but there are definitely some inconsistencies with this. I've filed an issue and we'll investigate further. Thank you for bringing this up!

ref: b5x-432

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lammoth: Secure Notes in 1Password X uses Markdown to allow for styling. Our Markdown syntax uses backslash \ to escape characters that are used when styling with Markdown. For example, a hash mark # is used to create a header, but if you wanted to start a line with the actual hash mark character you need to escape it with a backslash \#. Since backslash is used as part of our Markdown syntax, it also needs to be escaped each time it is used. To write a double backslash in Markdown, you need to use four backslashes, two to escape and two to represent the escaped character like so \\\\server.

I hope that helps and please let me know if you have any additional questions.

&drew

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty @beyer thank you for support. I managed to solve the problem by adding a section with text fields, one for each NAS path. In those fields the backslashes are treated consistently across all platforms.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad that workaround helped, but we'll get this fixed up to make notes consistent as well. Thank you again for bringing this up!

This discussion has been closed.