Missing backslashes when the Chrome extension displays a secure note

edited May 2018 in 1Password X

Hi, I've found a bug in the 1PX Chrome extension (v1.7.3).

If a secure note contains:

• A double backslash (such as a Windows network share "\server"), only one backslash is shown;
  • A single backslash, no backslash is shown at all.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.7.3
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@lammoth: Some of this will be unavoidable due to Markdown support if you're not using ``` to preformat text, but there are definitely some inconsistencies with this. I've filed an issue and we'll investigate further. Thank you for bringing this up!

ref: b5x-432

• beyerbeyer

Team Member

@lammoth: Secure Notes in 1Password X uses Markdown to allow for styling. Our Markdown syntax uses backslash \ to escape characters that are used when styling with Markdown. For example, a hash mark # is used to create a header, but if you wanted to start a line with the actual hash mark character you need to escape it with a backslash \#. Since backslash is used as part of our Markdown syntax, it also needs to be escaped each time it is used. To write a double backslash in Markdown, you need to use four backslashes, two to escape and two to represent the escaped character like so \\\\server.

I hope that helps and please let me know if you have any additional questions.

&drew

• @brenty @beyer thank you for support. I managed to solve the problem by adding a section with text fields, one for each NAS path. In those fields the backslashes are treated consistently across all platforms.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

I'm glad that workaround helped, but we'll get this fixed up to make notes consistent as well. Thank you again for bringing this up!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file