Save 1Password 7 license as application

lumarel
lumarel
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

When I bought the standalone license for macOS, the license got directly put into my dropbox vault.
It would be really great if this also happens as I buy my license for Windows and add it to the first machine. (noticed it because I already got it :chuffed: )

And then I noticed something else on my second device: I had to click the "you need a license" away after I entered the license, I think this should just disappear itself :+1:

Thanks for all these improvements in the beta :chuffed: ,
lumarel

1Password Version: 7.0.552
Extension Version: 4.7.1.4
OS Version: Windows 10 1803 17134.48
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lumarel: Likewise, thanks for participating in the beta! I'm not sure I understand what you're asking though. Your Windows license is valid for you to use on all of your PCs. Are you having trouble applying it?

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member

Hi @brenty,
    Thank you for your quick reply :chuffed:

Sorry for speaking that confusing.
    My english isn't really the best... :blush:

Yes of course, I did understand that one Windows 1P7 license works for all of them.

When you buy the license on your Mac through the 1P application, it directly creates an application entry in the primary (?) vault, so it doesn't get lost. On Windows it has sent me to a website, where I'm able to buy the license and then gave me the license file for the download. I mean, it would just be great, if at the moment, when I'm linking it with my 1Password installation, it directly gets added to my primary vault so it doesn't get lost as well!
    And maybe, then it is even possible that 1Password recognises the license in the vault an uses it :+1:

I have created it myself in the same way as 1P for macOS did it now:

I hope this helps to understand what I wanted to say :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lumarel: Ah, gotcha! Thanks for clearing that up for me. Indeed, that's something we'd like as well. We literally just finished adding the ability to use licenses to the app a day or so ago, but we'll continue to improve it to make it easier to work with. Thanks for your feedback in this! :)

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member

That's great to hear :+1:
    Cheers! :chuffed:

• Thanks for reminding us about this! We definitely want to add this automated feature in a future update.

If there's anything else we can do, let us know.

ref: OPW-2217

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member

You're welcome @MikeT !

Thank you, and I will when I find something else, but the things to bring up are getting really rare, what is definitely a good one :chuffed:

• Thank you, and I will when I find something else, but the things to bring up are getting really rare, what is definitely a good one :chuffed:

You're welcome. That's good news because it means you'll like the rest of the updates coming to 1Password 7 as we have a long list of new stuff to implement such as Watchtower 2.0, Auto-Type, Markdown rendering, etc.

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member

I've already used Watchtower 2.0 on my macOS Testclient and added a lot of security to some of my accounts. So, yes it is getting a really great time with all these new features :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's so great to hear! Thanks for letting us know that 1Password 7 is already helping you to be even more secure. :chuffed:

• mia
    mia
    Community Member

So just to be clear -- the license will be added intra-vault in the future on 1PW 7 on windows?

• MikeT
    edited May 2018

Hi @mia,

That's the plan yes, we've only just started supporting licenses in 1Password 7 a few weeks ago. We plan to expand on top of this to automatically add it to your vault in the future when we can get to it.

This discussion has been closed.