With standalone v7 how does the Android app work?

Options
jbs
jbs
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I've read through the forums and announcements but I haven't come across the answer (I suspect it's there, so apologies).

I currently have paid licenses for the Android app and 1Password 4 and use Dropbox to sync. I'd avoided the upgrades because I prefer Dropbox.

If I purchase 7 will I eventually need to purchase a new Android license as well? I'm currently using the latest Android version 6.8 but it's not clear to me whether that's a lifetime license or whether there will be a paid upgrade to use Android v7.

I do understand that with the membership I'd have access to all apps -- I'm thinking here about the standalone license.

Thanks!

1Password Version: beta 7 Windows
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jbs,

Thanks for writing in.

1Password 7 for Windows uses the OPVault format for standalone vaults, which is supported by 1Password 6.8 on Android for Dropbox.

However, 1Password 7 uses nested tags instead of folders, which 1Password 6.8 for Android doesn't optimize for, it uses folders for OPVault. It can support tags but it needs an update but we don't have a timeframe on when that update is coming.

• jbs
    jbs
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike. Tags were one of the main reasons I'm considering 7 -- I'd like a 2FA tag tha will let me bring up just my records with 2FA codes in them (replicating the Google Authenticator app if you will).

Does what you're saying mean that using 7 on Windows and 6.8 on Android will let me have tags in the Windows interface but they won't show up on Android?

And to clarify my original question, is my Android license like Windows in that I'll need a new one at each major version? Or does it include major version updates as well?

• MikeT
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hi @jbs,

.- I'd like a 2FA tag tha will let me bring up just my records with 2FA codes in them (replicating the Google Authenticator app if you will).

Have you seen Watchtower 2.0 that's coming in an update to 1Password 7 for Windows soon? Check it out here, we're going to include a list of known 2FA sites, so that 1Password can prompt you to enable 2FA on sites you don't have 2FA enabled for.

Does what you're saying mean that using 7 on Windows and 6.8 on Android will let me have tags in the Windows interface but they won't show up on Android?

Correct.

And to clarify my original question, is my Android license like Windows in that I'll need a new one at each major version? Or does it include major version updates as well?

At the moment, we don't have any confirmed plans on what we're going to do about 1Password 7 for Android, it can be either free or paid. 1Password 7 for iOS was a free update, so it is likely 1Password 7 for Android will be as well.

This discussion has been closed.