Dialog boxes (generate password and save password) show up as blank

Options

In the most recent build of 1Password, I've started having an issue where certain windows show up as blank. I first noticed this in the generate password window where if I launch it from the browser extension, I get a blank window. Today, I noticed the same thing where if I enter a new password into my browser, I get a 'save password window, but it's also blank. Any ideas on how to fix this?

1Password Version: 7.0.552
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @maronis,

Thank you for reporting this! :+1:

Do you something similar to this issue rimanek has reported in a different thread? If you do, please specify the exact version of Windows 10 you are using and create a Diagnostics Report from your PC, where you have this issue:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Thanks!

++
    Greg

• maronis
    maronis
    Community Member
    Options

It does look similar - I'll send the diagnostics report along now. Thanks!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @maronis,

I was able to find your report on our side. We will take a closer look and get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: YIY-48172-864

• maronis
    maronis
    Community Member
    Options

Update - the helpful emails from the support team prompted me to try a few different things:

Update Intel HD Graphics driver - no effect
    Uninstalled Intel HD Graphics driver - fixed the problem, but now I can't use my external monitor
    Reinstall current graphics driver - problem returns
    Reinstall previous version of graphics driver - problems returns

I then realized that these problems started cropping up after the most recent Windows 10 update that I installed a few weeks ago, so I rolled back to the previous version of Windows and now everything is working normally. So it seems like it's a Windows issue, especially since I realized I had a similar problem in other apps (WebEx video and certain screens in PowerBI). Hopefully Microsoft will figure out what the problem is and fix it. Thanks!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @maronis,

Thank you for keeping us posted! It seems that this issue has something to do with Intel drivers and we need to investigate. Once we have more news, we will post an update. Thanks again! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• maronis
    maronis
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg Any update on this? My computer was just forced to update to the latest version of Windows 10 so now the problem is back - if you have any suggestions for a resolution, I'd appreciate it!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@maronis: Updating Windows shouldn't affect this, but the video drivers can. Unfortunately regardless it's not something we have any control over. The only solution so far is to use a different display driver version. It's worth seeing if you can get a better one directly from Intel.

• maronis
    maronis
    Community Member
    Options

So I figured it out - I noticed that Duet Display (app that lets you use iPads as a second screen) didn't work either, so I did some Googling and found that a few folks had issues where when they updated to Windows 10 Creative Edition, they got stuck with a blank screen that was fixed when uninstalling Duet Display, so I tried that and everything seems to be working now. Looks like there's an issue with Duet Display where it interferes with the display drivers in some way.

Anyway, just wanted to post in case it's helpful to others!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@maronis: Duet Display! Aha! I've had similar trouble with that myself from time to time, but I never would have thought to ask about that specifically. Glad that worked for you. Thank you for sharing! :)

This discussion has been closed.