Auto fill not working in Safari after upgrade to 1P7

sardina266
sardina266
Community Member

Auto fill not working in Safari after upgrade to 1P7. It's that simple. I have attempted the normal troubleshooting steps... re-install 1P, restart the extension helper, remove the extension from Safari, reinstall from Safari Extension Gallery, reinstall directly from AgileBits.

Nothing seems to get auto fill to work.

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Auto fill not working in Safari after upgrade to 1P7

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sardina266, welcome back to the forum. We are happy to help.

I’d like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/90248/auto-fill-not-working-in-safari-after-upgrade-to-1p7#latest
    • Your forum username: sardina266

That way we can “connect the dots” when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :smile:

Once we see the diagnostics, we’ll be able to better assist you. Thank you very much!

• SirAtilla
    SirAtilla
    Community Member

I have same issue and submitted a report and support ID is [#CIE-59878-127]

Thanks
    Carlin Smith

• sardina266
    sardina266
    Community Member

@jadchaar Thanks for the rapid response. I have downloaded the tool and generated the report. It contains quite a bit of private information which I cannot limit the sharing; unfortunately, I will be unable to send the requested report.

Are there any additional troubleshooting steps that are worth trying?

• LarkintheMorning
    LarkintheMorning
    Community Member

I have the same problem, and have also submitted a report.

• SirAtilla
    SirAtilla
    Community Member

Firefox has same issue from what I can tell.

• @sardina266,

When you say autofill, do you really mean submit after filling? Because we've never actually done auto-filling in 1Password.

Rudy

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

@LarkintheMorning, thanks for sending the report.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :smile:

ref: CIE-59878-127, FYW-52242-297, TET-47898-245

• LarkintheMorning
    LarkintheMorning
    Community Member

Hi @jadchaar, the support ID number is #FYW-52242-297. Daniel just responded to me in an email and suggested I update my Safari extension. However, when I updated it, I noticed it was the same extension, 4.7.1.

• sardina266
    sardina266
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

@rudy I'm not sure if I'm using the proper term of art, but what I am referring to is invoking auto fill login with the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ (customizable) . This is on the general tab of the preferences window in 1Password. It's been there as far back as I can remember.

Also, and for the avoidance of doubt, I have always disabled the "submit after filling option."

• mskopel
    mskopel
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

The problem is submitting after fill. I have the same problem on Firefox 60.0.1.

Edit: My version definitely does fill the fields, it does not auto submit .

Also..when clicking on a URL in 1Password, the page opens in an existing tab and not a new tab as before.

• LarkintheMorning
    LarkintheMorning
    Community Member

My problem is the the page doesn't open and the username and password don't fill. This is on Safari 11.1 and Chrome Version 66.0.3359.181.

• 1feek
    1feek
    Community Member

Same here. No entry is filled in after update from MAS 1P6 stand-alone version to 1P7.

I emailed my report using ticket #TET-47898-245

Now 1P7 is complete useless

• sardina266
    sardina266
    Community Member

@1feek Same here re: moving from MAS version. I wonder if that's the culprit?

• 1feek
    1feek
    Community Member

[off topic] @sardina266 and does purchase work for you? [/offtopic]

• kimonostereo
    kimonostereo
    Community Member

The issue was resolved for me by deleting a copy of 1Password 7 beta I had downloaded earlier that was in my Downloads folder. Once that was deleted, the extension worked for all my browsers again.

• sardina266
    sardina266
    Community Member

@kimonostereo I don't have a copy of the beta in my Downloads folder to delete, but I had previously used the beta, so maybe now we're getting somewhere...

• 1feek
    1feek
    Community Member

mmm for me the purchase solved the issue ...... strange

@kimonostereo I did not have used a beta of 1P7

• sardina266
    sardina266
    Community Member

@1feek Wait... so in order to get it to work you had to purchase a license?

• 1feek
    1feek
    Community Member

@sardina266 yep.....

• kimonostereo
    kimonostereo
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

Maybe you can check to see if you have any other instance of 1Password apps installed on your computer? Just in case…

• 1feek
    1feek
    Community Member

Nope

• sardina266
    sardina266
    Community Member

@rudy @jadchaar Is what @1feek refers to above the expected behavior if in trial mode?

• @sardina266,

Filling only works in the presence of either a 1Password.com account or a license file.

Rudy

• sardina266
    sardina266
    Community Member

@rudy Thanks for the clarification. It would be helpful if 1P7 would generate some kind of pop up or notice to inform users that auto fill is disabled. It would have saved me quite a bit of time (and frustration) w/re: to the few hours I spent troubleshooting this earlier.

• LarkintheMorning
    LarkintheMorning
    Community Member

Ahh, I think that's my problem too. I did not purchase a license when I went from 1P 6 to 7.

Off topic: Do you purchase the license OR the membership, or do you need to pay for both if you want the membership.

• sardina266
    sardina266
    Community Member

@LarkintheMorning I would suggest purchasing the license for a one-time charge of $49. I'm sure the AgileBits staff will chime in momentarily detailing the benefits of getting you on the hook for a monthly charge to effectively rent the software.

• abodnar
    abodnar
    Community Member

As an 1Password 6 license owner, that is one of the killer features of 1Password and should be available to trial users or at least something that should of been mentioned on launch when in trial mode(like when trying to activate it). In my opinion, not having it available in trial mode is deceptive and hamstringing potential sales.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

@LarkintheMorning You only need one OR the other. In the end, it is your choice :).

• netnothing
    netnothing
    Community Member

Same problem as @mskopel - my 1P fills the fields, but it doesn't ever submit the form. I upgraded from v6 to v7 and have a 1P.com account.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

@abodnar thanks for the feedback, I have passed it on to the development team :).

This discussion has been closed.