Can't Quit 1Password 7

Options
RobT
RobT
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

Just installed 1Password 7, bought a license, and am running it fine on my Mac (MacBook Pro 13 Mid 2014 with MacOS 10.13.4). When I try to close 1Password 7 using either the menu (1Password7<Quit 1Password7 OR Command Q), the app just stays open. I have to Force Quit. Any ideas on this one?

1Password Version 7
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
_OS Version:MacOs 10.13.4
_Sync Type:Dropbox

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@RobT,

This is expected behavior as the main application transitions between two modes of operation (visible in the dock + main window) and (mini only UI).

If you want to quit the application completely you would use command + opt + control + q.

Rudy

• RobT
    RobT
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We are happy to help :). Please let us know if you have anymore questions or concerns.

• mick_standalone
    mick_standalone
    Community Member
    Options

Can I please ask: why is this behaviour necessary? And how can I get the "mini UI" mode (no obvious options in Prefs)? Thanks.

• rudy
    Options

@mick_standalone,

Its necessary because all of the UI is now in one application, and the helper process is exclusively for communicating with the browser extensions.

To get into mini UI mode, simply close the main window. The process will remain running and clicking on the menubar icon or using one of the keyboard shortcuts (cmd \, cmd + opt + ) will display the mini UI.

Rudy

• mick_standalone
    mick_standalone
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Rudy, appreciate the explanation. Cheers!

• Jacob
    Options

On behalf of Rudy, you're welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.