Is 6.8 the latest version for Android? Sync OK with version 7 for Mac?

Gecko85
Gecko85
Community Member

I just updated by stand-alone version 6 for Mac to the stand-alone version 7.

I'm not seeing a newer version in the Play Store for Android, though. Is 6.8 the latest version? Will there be any issues syncing the same vault between version 7 (Mac) and version 6 (Android)?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

@Gecko85: You can use either a 1Password.com account or Dropbox (with an OPVault) to sync between the current versions of 1Password on all platforms. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Gecko85
    Gecko85
    Community Member

@brenty - Ok, I have my laptop and desktop syncing properly to the new vault in Dropbox (1password.opvault). My phone, however, is giving me sync errors - it's trying to sync to 1password.agilekeychain (the old vault), which no longer exists because v7 renamed it to 1password.legacyagilekeychain. In the Android app, I can't find a way to tell 1password to use the new vault. The dropbox sync settings are just on or off...it shows the non-existent keychain, but I don't see a way to tell it to use the new one. In the desktop app, I just turned off syncing, then turned it back on, and it prompted me to choose the location of the vault. That's not happening on the mobile app, however...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Gecko85: Indeed, 1Password 7 uses OPVault. It will not work to sync an AgileKeychain with the new version, that's why it had you convert it (and renamed the legacy vault). It isn't possible to switch the Android app after it's been setup, but you can reinstall it and set it up with the new OPVault in Dropbox. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that's caused, but that will do the trick for you.

• Gecko85
    Gecko85
    Community Member

@brenty - Thanks, that did the trick. Silly Android. I just updated it on my iPad, and it worked just like the desktop - turn off sync, turn it back on, select new vault.

• bricin
    bricin
    Community Member

For the record -- this should have been covered when moving to 7 on MacOS. I was broken on my Android phone during a critical moment and could not access a new password I had entered on my Mac.

The error message on Android is unhelpful.

• Thanks for the feedback! I'll share this with our team, so they can look into improving it for the future. Hopefully as more people convert to OPVault, it will be less of a problem.

This discussion has been closed.