How to find an old vault?

Options
kingofsquid
kingofsquid
Community Member

After upgrading to 1Password 7 on an iMac, it located a second vault (I believe from 2014). How do I locate the old vault and delete it? I'm on a family plan and it doesn't show up -- only Private and Shared do.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_kevin
    Options

Hi @kingofsquid ,

First, open the Preferences and click on Sync. If it is there, click it and it will show where it was syncing. Go to that location and delete the file.

Next, in the main window, switch to that vault. Then go to the Vaults menu and choose "Delete Vault…" Make sure you are certain you do not need the data in that vault before deleting.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• kingofsquid
    kingofsquid
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, but I don't see Sync in preferences in 1Password 7. And when I click on Vaults, it doesn't show the old vault.

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Exactly! I think Kevin is thinking of the 1PW 6 preferences. I ran into the same "old vault" question as well and want to get rid of it

• Jacob
    Options

@kingofsquid Sorry about the confusion. It looks like you migrated to a 1Password membership, so your old vault isn't in the app. Everything is stored in your account now and you can access it there. :) Sync is also automatic, so to sync another device you can simply sign in to the account.

• kingofsquid
    kingofsquid
    Community Member
    Options

So how do I find and delete the old vault on my iMac? Where is it stored? That’s the issue.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kingofsquid,

Old 1Password 6 data could be in one of two locations depending on whether you were using the Mac App Store version of 1Password or the AgileBits Store version available directly from us. The two support folder locations are:

• ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/
    • ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/

and 1Password 7 uses a different location so the removal of those won't affect 1Password 7, more so if you're now a 1Password account subscriber given the ease with which a new copy of 1Password can be set up and connected to your account. It is worth noting that the presence of the old data won't do any harm so you don't need to remove it but you can if you want.

• kingofsquid
    kingofsquid
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Thanks. I actually found folders in both places. I deleted the 1Password 4 folder which I think contained the old vault. I left the other folders -- 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/ and 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword7-helper/ -- as they still seem to be being used to store files, judging from the file dates. Should that be the case?

Also, is it okay to delete 1Password 6?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kingofsquid,

You definitely want to leave 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword7-helper but you should be able to remove the 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper one. You can also safely remove the 1Password 6 application bundle if you want :smile:

This discussion has been closed.