window resizing bug

Options
ohreally
ohreally
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

Just upgraded my license to 7. I love it Great job to the 1Password team :)

One little annoyance...when I open and resize the window and then close and reopen it goes back to the original small window. Is this a bug?

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• frippz
    frippz
    Community Member
    Options

Confirmed on my end as well. I absolutely love the new version, but this issue is kind of annoying. 😉

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @ohreally and @frippz! This was an issue early in the betas but we fixed it a while ago. I can't reproduce it on my end either. Have you tried restarting your computer to see if that makes a difference?

• ohreally
    ohreally
    Community Member
    Options

I've rebooted, no dice

• Pifou69
    Pifou69
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hi,

Same problem here. Restarting twice (didn't work first time) and it's OK

• philkim
    philkim
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Pifou69 is right. Rebooting twice, not once, solved the first time.

1. Reboot.
    2. Open 1Password and resize as desired.
    3. Reboot.

Unfortunately, it still does not remember expanded state of Watchtower and Categories.

• ohreally
    ohreally
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

a second reboot fixed it - thanks!

...the expanded state of Watchtower & Categories still issue for me as well @philkim :(

• HenryAZ
    HenryAZ
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

I am now three reboots into 1Password 7 Version 7.0 (70000019) AgileBits Store, and 1PW still insists on opening in a little window in the center of the screen, no matter how many times I resize it. It also defaults (in the left sidebar) to "All Items", rather than to the selection I have made, "Categories/Logins". I have to reselect this every time, regardless of where the window opens. Very annoying bugs.

At least the "Mini" seems to remember its layout and selected category.

• frippz
    frippz
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob A reboot fixed the size issue for me as well, but same with the expanded groups in the sidebar, i.e. that they keep getting collapsed on a restart of the app.

• Pifou69
    Pifou69
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I said rebooting twice fixed the problem for me, but today the problem has reappeared ! Need to restart to fix it

• HenryAZ
    HenryAZ
    Community Member
    Options

Upgrading to the newly released version 7.0.1 fixed all of this for me. The 1PW reopens where I left it, sized as I left it, and the Categories return expanded as I left them, focused on Logins, as I left it.

Thanks for the quick fix!

• PamelaEve3
    PamelaEve3
    Community Member
    Options

My 1 Password app on my macbook air is corrupt. Computer tells me to delete and re-download the app. I can only seem to find 1 Password 7 which requires a monthly subscription. How can I get the latest 1 Password (not 7) as I do not need a monthly subscription. It works fine on all my other devices. Please help me find the regular 1 Password app.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@PamelaEve3 you can download the latest version from here.

Stephen

• PamelaEve3
    PamelaEve3
    Community Member
    Options

I download it, and the welcome/subscribe window opens. I do not want to subscribe since I sync using dropbox. I cannot figure out how to start the app using my dropbox files. What is the next step? And how do I get the app to open without the subscribe window each time?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@PamelaEve3 take a look at this detailed AgileBits' post, which should help you.

Stephen

This discussion has been closed.